Misha Cirkunov vs Ali Mokdad..this Friday...

I'm excited for Misha next fight this Friday vs Ali Mokdad 3-0...should be a good fight between 2 up and comers.

TTT

TTT

Mokdad looks tough but I think it's a bad match up. I see Misha getting on top and passing then submitting

Mokdad has a lot to offer, is skilled and is dangerous on the feet, but he will not be able to stop Misha's takedowns. Misha will start explosively and this will hit the ground in the first 30 secs. Once on the floor, Mokdad is not in Misha's league. No sir.

Also, Mokdad walks around at 200, the agreed upon weight. Misha is a big athlete who will be 220+ by fight time. Size matters. When size is combined with superior skill and athleticism, it can be a pretty quick night.

Mokdad is a mentally strong, committed athlete and will come to fight, which will make this a good one. But put yer money on Misha.

Best of luck to both guys.

Robin Black - Also, Mokdad walks around at 200, the agreed upon weight. Misha is a big athlete who will be 220+ by fight time. Size matters. When size is combined with superior skill and athleticism, it can be a pretty quick night. 
This might be an unpoplar question but why is Misha fighting these guys who walk around at lower weights? Jeff Doyle, his first fight, walked around 195 and that was a 205 fight IIRC.

Is he having trouble getting fights? Is this his management putting this together?

Ali Mokdad walk's around at 220 also. He is 3-0 and legit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kAolp5wEqQ

Mokdad is legit. He's 3-0.

Most athletes aren't Misha's size, and most new guys are not capable of huge weight cuts. Misha is a great athlete to go with his skill set, and is capable of a good cut.

No disrespect intended. This is a great matchup. I just think when you combine Misha's skills with his athleticism this is his fight.

But solid matchup and legit guys.

Mokdad has at least 1 loss. He got armbarred by Matt McDonald in May 2009.

Some fights definetly go under the radar. We where just going of the info we could find.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/22EAE147F39882AD/Ali-Mokdad/

No shame in losing to Matt McDonald. The guy is a monster. Scary dude.

Told this fight is off. Mokdad is not healthy and pulled out.

Never said Mokdad wasn't legit. Just was curious about the weight issue when Robin mentioned it. Now it's been refuted that he's the same size as Misha. However, the link that tapstar shows says Mokdad weighs in at 200 lbs. His 3 fights in Sherdog have him listed as fighting a 205er and two 185ers.

Misha is a great athlete and I have been following him in grappling a lot and I have to say that I was disappointed in his first mma fight both in performance and his opponnent. I said as much too and was told his management was having trouble finding him fights. (I can understand that)

Since that fight though I thought that he had stepped up and started fighting at his potential. I mean, Roy Boughten is no slouch and Misha looked great fighting him IMO. Then Pauliuk happened and I thought Misha looked great here too.

Guys like Misha will always take heat when they start out because the grappling community focuses on his grappling accomplishments. I remember Bocek getting questioned when he first started fighting on here.
Misha's only had 3 fights and one of them is a loss against a Cesear Gracie guy.
10 fights from now if Misha is still fighting guys below his skill set then the criticism will be warranted.
In my opinion, guys who are planning on making a career of fighting and have the natural hype that Misha gets needs to pace themselves and build themselves up slowly. Wins, even if they are easy ones, build confidence and build his record so that he can get into bigger shows, bigger money.

"I was disappointed in his first mma fight both in performance and his opponnent."

I'm surprised you'd think that. The performance was exactly what everyone expected. A mauling. Doyle was a complete underdog, but it was Misha's first MMA fight. His second fight was against Roy Boughton.
I can kinda understand what you're saying, Misha looks like he eats bricks for breakfast and lifts cars for fun, but come on, he's still very much a rookie in his pro career.