Misleading Attribute

The most misleading attribute has to be the abilty to take a beating and come from behind in fights. I rarely see this as any sort of "advantage" and actually I often see it as a bad thing.

These guy seem to always run into the guy who just destroys them, and they are never the same again.

I see what you're saying.  But there *is* such a thing as mental toughness.  When you're down a couple rounds, there needs to be something very dangerous in your personality that makes you believe you can still win.  For a lot of people that thing is "experience".  For other guys, it looks more like sheer will and arrogance/narcissism.

But yeah.  When I hear fighters talk about how they're going to turn it into a dog fight, and outlast the other guy... that *might* work once or twice, but wow, you're not building a (long) career off that.

Yeah, Gate-G will be drinking his food by the time he's 60, and "but that motherfucker was tough" ain't gonna do shit for him.  

cantuna4u - 

Yeah, Gate-G will be drinking his food by the time he's 60, and "but that motherfucker was tough" ain't gonna do shit for him.  

yeah, lots of guys like this. Even Ferguson falls into this category.

The list can go on for days.

Scott Smith is the epitome of this.

dangerboy12 - 

The most misleading attribute has to be the abilty to take a beating and come from behind in fights. I rarely see this as any sort of "advantage" and actually I often see it as a bad thing.

These guy seem to always run into the guy who just destroys them, and they are never the same again.

While this is unquestionably true insofar as it would be better to always be winning, no everyone can be Georges St. Pierre.

Better to be GSP than Tony. But, better to be Tony than most other fighters ever.

Justin looked great. Didnt block punches with his face nearly as much. If he continues to fight like that, he could go down as a great.

Tony, well, he wasnt any coming back from this beating. He may never be the same.