Missing Richard Simmons podcast....

Is some legitimately interesting shit. 

Turns out, he's the most interesting guy in the world.

im only one episode deep, but basically

hes made HUNDREDS of millions of dollars (in many interesting ways) , taught the same class for 40 years every single day for $12 a person and has actively kept in touch with (on a weekly basis)  hundreds, if not thousands, of fans for literally decades.

he has not been seen or spoken to in three years. Nobody knows why. 

Super well done podcast, on par with serial.

Sub

Sub

I'll need to give this a listen. Is it a series or a one time event?

In

LiveWire -

I'll need to give this a listen. Is it a series or a one time event?

Series 

Deserved more shine...bump for am...

Thanks fam! Gonna listen when I pack tomorrow. 

TTT 

For later

His housekeeper has been controlling him and shaking him down these last years. 

Whelp, I'm hooked. 

pfsjkd -

His housekeeper has been controlling him and shaking him down these last years. 

You mean the last thirty years they've lived together? 

Dude

this shit gets deep.......

Here's a fucking fairytale written by his long time masseuse who claims that his maid is a legitimate witch. He also called the cops saying she was abusing him. 

Posted about this in another thread last week! It's a surprisingly captivating story.

I saw him once in Provincetown. Seemed like a happy guy. With very big bodyguards.

Kirik -

I saw him once in Provincetown. Seemed like a happy guy. With very big bodyguards.

What's so weird about all this, and what's fascinating to me, is just this. 

Once you start listening you realize A LOT of people have seen him out and about. In fact, he actively sought attention from the celebrity tours for 30 years. Every. Single. Day. Called hundreds of people on a weekly basis to check in. Had deep relationships with his class (a few members have been with him for decades) and now, he can't be reached. Hasn't been seen. 

Shit is captivating. I had no idea he was such a rich (super, super rich), odd guy. 

Im not even convinced he's gay. He's lived with a woman for thirty years and while she is his "maid" she does no maid work. 

Great listen. I am interested. 

Kirik -

He always struck me as a deeply unhappy person.

I can't believe I listen to the whole podcast. I am now intrigued. Surprisingly

Sub