Missing weight needs higher repurcussions

Hallman/Makdessi didn't look like they were in the same weight class...mostly because they weren't. Seems like there should be higher repurcussions for missing weight than a small % of salary - maybe missing weight triggers a clause in your contract that immediately lowers your base pay/win bonus over the remaining duration of your contract? Since the last few pounds are the most draining and winning is everything in the UFC (Dan Hardy/fighters in target markets excepted), just feels like something needs to be done.

/rant

He definitely had thome religiouth wordth at the end of the fight. But yeth mithing weight thould have thome therious repuruthionth.

FacepunchPOW -  He definitely had thome religiouth wordth at the end of the fight. But yeth mithing weight thould have thome therious repuruthionth.

lulz, well played

Lost 20% of purse and was going to be cut if he lost! Hows that for a repercussion?

Not really much to be honest, the IF he lost part is what kills it. If you're not as drained as your opponent you've got a high likelihood of winning, all else equal, so placing your future employment/compensation purely on not losing (and a minimal repurcussion if you win, which you're more likely to do) when you come in higher doesn't really solve the problem IMO.

True, He did not plan on missing weight, but I am sure if he does it again he will be cut on the spot.

Leghound - ... maybe missing weight triggers a clause in your contract that immediately lowers your base pay/win bonus over the remaining duration of your contract? ...

Thats actually a pretty fuckin good idea

BUFFGEO -
Leghound - ... maybe missing weight triggers a clause in your contract that immediately lowers your base pay/win bonus over the remaining duration of your contract? ...

Should be implemented for showing the world your nuts too Phone Post

BUFFGEO - 

I thought so. Been thinking a lot of about fighter contracts lately for one reason or another and while that isn't one that a fighter/agent would prefer it's a pretty interesting solution to the problem

BUFFGEO - 

No it is not. Punish them on a fight by fight basis only.

Should lose 50% of their purse.

slamming - 
BUFFGEO - 

No it is not. Punish them on a fight by fight basis only.

WHy missing weight is pretty fuckin big deal in the fight biz. it should NEVER happen... EVER.
Should be zero tolerance

I dont have stats but most of the time I have seen a fighter not make weight they usually win so my thinking is that they should give up the win bonus to the fighter who makes weight. After all if they only give up 20% and win they still make more money than the guy who made the weight.