Mixed Martial Arts Legends - The Call

Hey guys, some of you may recall that really raw vintage boxing picture that someone colored and released earlier this year. It was an amazing glimpse back into the early history of boxing and I thought it would make an awesome t-shirt with the right concept. I ended up finding the original B/W image as well as an actual San Francisco newspaper containing an article documenting the bout, so I combined the two and created a front page headline story concept t-shirt.

Presenting the first shirt in the series from the BAD MMA - Mixed Martial Arts Legends™ Collection.

Please note this item is a PRE-ORDER. (These will most likely not be ready to ship until the first week of the new year. The purpose of this is to allow people an opportunity to purchase 2XL and up sizes, since they cost me significantly more. I then fill the remainder of the order with standard sizes.)

Mixed Martial Arts Legends - The Call - 1913 Boxing t-shirt, a celebration of one of the best bouts ever witnessed at the time. The bout took place on Saturday, May 3rd, 1913 in Vancouver, B.C., and was acknowledged in an article on the front page of The “SanFrancisco” Call newspaper the next day.

Most importantly, I am donating 50% of the proceeds to Joey's FIGHT. Click here for details.

During checkout enter coupon code: JOEY

Also note that this goes for all orders I receive using the code: JOEY, so say for example you want to order the Gentle Art University 100th Anniversary t-shirt instead, which is in stock, I will also donate 50% of the proceeds to Joey's FIGHT.

I know the economy is shit and times are even tighter right now during the holidays. As a single parent, I can't imagine dealing with what Joey and his parents are going through, and so if you are able, your help is truly greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The pre-order is up here:

Mixed Martial Arts Legends - The Call - 1913 Boxing t-shirt

TTT

Just ask for donations...... That shirt.... Phone Post 3.0

ShoeMoney - Just ask for donations...... That shirt.... Phone Post 3.0

Hey if you're going to take the time to post your opinion why not state it?

"that shirt" really doesn't say anything other than you're a big enough asshole to shit on a thread that is attempting to raise awareness and support for a sick child in need.

I couldn't care less about what you personally think, but if you're going to shit in the thread at least say what the fuck you have a problem with instead of being a complete pompous twat about it.

I welcome constructive criticisim.

I made several concepts of this shirt and ultimately felt the vintage newspaper was the best, but I am not opposed to having one of the others replace it, if people are not feeling this design or prefer one of the other designs.

Also keep in mind I post low resolution concept images to protect the design, the actual shirt is in high resolution.

I am asking UG, not shitmonkey over here. Thanks

Here is one of the other concepts, I have one more that I still need to find.

ttt

The black and white looks decent but I think it would look real good with the color photo. Downside to that is it would probably raise the cost of the shirts to print and might not go with the newspaper article as well. Phone Post 3.0

Funky Bacteria Productions -
ShoeMoney - Just ask for donations...... That shirt.... Phone Post 3.0

Hey if you're going to take the time to post your opinion why not state it?

"that shirt" really doesn't say anything other than you're a big enough asshole to shit on a thread that is attempting to raise awareness and support for a sick child in need.

I couldn't care less about what you personally think, but if you're going to shit in the thread at least say what the fuck you have a problem with instead of being a complete pompous twat about it.

Sorry was trying to give constructive criticism.

I was also going to make a donation from our fund but lol now. Phone Post 3.0

ttt

teamquestnorth - The black and white looks decent but I think it would look real good with the color photo. Downside to that is it would probably raise the cost of the shirts to print and might not go with the newspaper article as well. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks man, yeah doing a color version would definitely be cool but as you said it would not go along with the 1913 newspaper concept. I'm a big fan of black and gray artwork, it's kind of my thing, although I would have no problem doing my own color version, so I wouldn't rule that out as an option in the future.

I did do one concept in B/W with just the blood colored, but I scrapped it because I ultimately felt it cheapened the meaning of the story that the image is portraying.