MMA Betting Data(for publishing)

Hi people.

I'm looking to analyse some mma data and publish the results if I complete the project(this is on the side).

I was wondering if there was a database or a website that had historic mma betting data and data for fighters/outcomes. I can take this from websites if it's organized enough. Any amount of information would help me and my analysis. Thank you.

MansonComedy - Hi people.

I'm looking to analyse some mma data and publish the results if I complete the project(this is on the side).

I was wondering if there was a database or a website that had historic mma betting data and data for fighters/outcomes. I can take this from websites if it's organized enough. Any amount of information would help me and my analysis. Thank you.

If anyone has any resources, I think it would help anybody that bets on fights here.

By far the most comprehensive historical database of MMA odds I'm aware of is bestfightodds.com. It's a great site, and well organized.

I come from an academic background myself and would love to hear more about what you're doing. A friend of mine and I once wrote a script to download all of the fighter profiles from Sherdog. He ran some stats on it and was able to figure out some pretty cool stuff. There was at least one man-on-woman fight, and there was one guy who had fought himself (and won).

In for a betting system Phone Post 3.0

sexybutt69 - By far the most comprehensive historical database of MMA odds I'm aware of is bestfightodds.com. It's a great site, and well organized.

I come from an academic background myself and would love to hear more about what you're doing. A friend of mine and I once wrote a script to download all of the fighter profiles from Sherdog. He ran some stats on it and was able to figure out some pretty cool stuff. There was at least one man-on-woman fight, and there was one guy who had fought himself (and won).

Agreed, it's the best data I've found.

You can either click on a fighter's name in the lists of current odds, or search for the fighter in the archives, and it will list opening and closing lines for each of his past fights and will show you a graph of how the odds moved leading up to each fight. (The data is limited to those fights where online books posted odds. For some minor league promotions the online books don't offer odds, so there will be blanks in some fighters' odds history.)

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Best fighters.com bruh Phone Post 3.0

Meant bestfightodds.com stupid autocorrect Phone Post 3.0

sexybutt69 - By far the most comprehensive historical database of MMA odds I'm aware of is bestfightodds.com. It's a great site, and well organized.

haha that's awesome. The ultimate goal is to have a system that will help understand if something has good odds or not. I'll do it by trying to scrape all of the data from bestfightodds.com and doing analysis off of it.

Examples would include:
-patterns of wins/losses after losing x amount of fights.
-Fight odds/outcome based on if it's a ppv and what odds what number fight it was(1 being main event, last being first fight of the night)
-I think it's better to specialize a certain amount of fighters. Maybe I try to find out if certain fighters/camps fight around the same each year. Then you could follow fighters that tend to fight in each quarter of the year.

Maybe I see if there's a big difference post USADA? Idk when exactly we'd be seeing fighters changing their habits. That'l be low on my priorities though.

Hopefully I have time to complete the project within the next month. I really can't guarantee anything because I've been busy. Also, thank you all so much for commenting. Any feedback, help, or ideas will be welcomed!