MMA credibility/legitimacy just went back 10 years

This decision needs to be overturned, but I doubt it will happen.  I had MAYBE one round to Machida, and that's a mite generous.

Looking forward to Strikeforce and maybe some honest judging. 

As the challenger, don't leave it in the hands of the judges, it has been that way in combat sports for years, and it will always be that way.

10 yrs? Yawn. Gimme a break. Bad decision, even a very bad decision. But no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

VectorWega - 

Why would you expect honest judging there?  Do you know how judging works?

I expect more than I got tonight - that bar sits as close to the floor as possible right now.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ugshogun/petition.html

The worst thing about bad decisions is that after a while the circumstances are forgotten and all people see is a W or an L on the record. Sadly, that will be the same here. One of the worst decisions I have ever seen though, certainly the worst in sucha high profile fight.

I agree you have to beat the Champion convincingly. However, lets compare this to Griffin-Jackson.

Who do you think won more definitively?

It just proves that what judges were and are lacking in ability to understand the ground game, they equally don't understand kicks below the head.
The only way Machida won is if they ignored all the body and leg kicks.

ruptureclothing - This decision needs to be overturned, but I doubt it will happen. I had MAYBE one round to Machida, and that's a mite generous.

Looking forward to Strikeforce and maybe some honest judging.

Wait....are you blaming the UFC for the judging? Because, that is what I am gathering from saying you look forward to Strikeforce for better judging....which makes no sense. As the promotion does not appoint/control the judges/judging.

Set back ten years? lol The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Good decision if you turn off the volume so you didnt here goldy and Joe, you would have noticed that most every time Shogun landed a leg kick Lyoto was landing a punch to the head or body...They were very close round and in that case they go to the champ.

Maybe not 10 years, but many who tuned in will legitimately be soured on MMA judging. Just look the Staples Center crowd reaction. Pro Machida coming into the fight, fucking infuriated when the decision was announced. That will tell you everything. This is a real black eye for MMA judging.

Barring some crazy type of corruption, this is not the UFC, Dana or the Fertitta's fault. This is purely the CSAC and their incompetent judges.

Dogman - Good decision if you turn off the volume so you didnt here goldy and Joe, you would have noticed that most every time Shogun landed a leg kick Lyoto was landing a punch to the head or body...They were very close round and in that case they go to the champ.

Funny that no one I was watching it with could hear the sound and everyone thought the decision was terrible. Most were big Machida fans too.

I had 1 round definitively for Machida and Shogun.  The rest of the rounds were close with no one fighter being dominant.  I thought Shogun had the slightest of edges in them, but could also see if someone said it was for Machida.  Close fights end in close decisions.  It happens, no one is robbing anyone.  Good fight, should happen again soon, not immediately though IMO.