MMA died when Nick Diaz retired.

Discuss.

nope

Thread title is wrong.

"Half the UG died when Nick Diaz retired"

Which time? Phone Post 3.0

MMA Lives Here - Bwahaha

Nick Diaz? The guy who hates fighting wrestlers but ducked the Condit rematch? Phone Post 3.0

I saw your avatar, then laughed and rendered your argument worthless.

Didn't even read.

Nick Diaz's best wins are against 2 lightweights that were past their prime. Phone Post 3.0

n5 - OP. same faggot who said Cain is a wall'n stall and a lay n pray fighter.

Vtfd

AdamInOntario - Nick Diaz's best wins are against 2 lightweights that were past their prime. Phone Post 3.0

All time great fights btw

Died w/$ getting n2 it Phone Post 3.0

Dominique Robinson - Died w/$ getting n2 it Phone Post 3.0

The one post of the UG that is legit.

Agreed.

It didn't die, but I agree MMA doesn't feel the same without a Diaz fight to look forward to. Especially knowing he still has more great fights left in him. Phone Post 3.0

I love Diaz but I felt he was exposed by the UFC elite.

I'd prefer he was still fighting but I don't really miss him. Phone Post 3.0

JohnnyChingas - Discuss.

I completely agree. You could say MMA died when Nick retired simply because Nick was a pioneer who left before he was able to pioneer anything. He has an extremely intriguing / well thought out view on MMA and I'd like to think his vision might've become reality if he stuck around. For example: he brings up the fact that fighters will try to win a fight by avoiding the fight for 50 seconds and fighting for 10 seconds. The current rules allow for that. It's extremely unethical, but the fans don't see it as unethical. Nick might've changed that in time.

If you look at the GSP fight, aside from rounds 1&2, Nick definitely out-grappled GSP. But if people don't re-watch the fight, they'll say I'm crazy because the scoring criteria is so ingrained in people's minds. Fans know if you get a takedown, you win the round & if you're on top, you win the grappling. But that's absolute bullshit. And Nick's participation in the sport might've led to people realizing that.

Without Nick Diaz, what's going to happen to MMA? There's no way it's going to evolve. At least with him active, it felt like there was someone out there representing what MMA should be.

OP, I love your screen name...

SE ME PARO! Phone Post

Other than Fedor being my number one personal favorite, my overall top 5 favorites seems to swing back and forth like a pendulum between Henderson, Shogun, Big Nog, Rampage, Andy but put a gun to my head and ask me who I over time have enjoyed and rooted for most behind Fedor, it MUST be Nick Diaz. He's got to be my number 2 favorite and I think MMA is doing just fine and has been abso-fucking-lithely amazing without him, even if I'd love to see him back as well as Fedor, being an MMA fan in 2013 has been nothing short than a gift from the gods of hand to hand combat.

You spelt Rickson wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Discuss what?

Greg Jackson, are you trying to pick a fight with Nick Diaz?

Pablo Duke - 
blakemp - I completely agree. You could say MMA died when Nick retired simply because Nick was a pioneer who left before he was able to pioneer anything. He has an extremely intriguing / well thought out view on MMA and I'd like to think his vision might've become reality if he stuck around. For example: he brings up the fact that fighters will try to win a fight by avoiding the fight for 50 seconds and fighting for 10 seconds. The current rules allow for that. It's extremely unethical, but the fans don't see it as unethical. Nick might've changed that in time.

If you look at the GSP fight, aside from rounds 1&2, Nick definitely out-grappled GSP. But if people don't re-watch the fight, they'll say I'm crazy because the scoring criteria is so ingrained in people's minds. Fans know if you get a takedown, you win the round & if you're on top, you win the grappling. But that's absolute bullshit. And Nick's participation in the sport might've led to people realizing that.

Without Nick Diaz, what's going to happen to MMA? There's no way it's going to evolve. At least with him active, it felt like there was someone out there representing what MMA should be.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Phone Post 3.0

That 2nd sentence is gold

You could say MMA died when Nick retired simply because Nick was a pioneer who left before he was able to pioneer anything.