MMA Events You've Seen Live

Curious to know what events people here have been live in attendance for, UFC and other MMA promotions? And what were those experiences like?

I'll start:

UFC 109 - Couture vs. Coleman: My first even that made a big impression on me. Also placed my first sports wager and won $25 on Couture.

TUF 16 Finale - Nelson vs. Mitrione: 1st time cageside. Also when GF started becoming an MMA fan.

King of the Cage - Fighting Legends: Possibly my favorite event live. Got to see the great Tank Abbot fight in what's likely his last MMA bout. I said hello to him when i ran into him in the hotel and he just grunted angrily as if to say "get the fuck away from me." At night, all the fighters had a SUPER loud party that never ended in the hotel room that happened to be next door to us.

War MMA 1: Sat right by the ring. Plenty of strange things happened that night like the ring girls holding up fingers to denote what round it was (until they eventually found the ring cards backstage), a brawl almost breaking out between Nate Diaz and one of the corners, etc.

Bellator 102 - Kongo vs. Godbeer: Took my father to his first MMA event, which was convenient because he lives in Visalia where the fight took place. He's now a legit fan.

UFC on Fox 7 - Henderson vs. Melendez: I was one of the people booing the decision, but I honestly didn't realize he was proposing...oops!

UFC 168 - Silva vs. Weidman 2: Got drunk in the nosebleeds and partook in the "Ooo Vai Morerr" chants with the Brazilians.

UFC 171 - Hendrick vs. Lawler: Main event was hands-down greatest fight I've seen live. Simply incredible.

UFC on Fox 12 - Brown vs. Lawler: ate too much nacho cheese Phone Post 3.0

UFC 55 - Arlovski vs. Buentello

UFC 94 - GSP vs. Penn II

UFC on Fox - Diaz vs. Miller

UFC 158 - St. Pierre vs. Diaz

StrikeForce - Fedor vs. Silva

Best events out of those were UFC 94 and Fedor vs Silva

UFC 129 at the skydome
UFC 140 i think?Bones vs Machida and Frank Mir with a crazy comeback to tap Big Nog
UFC 152?Vitor vs Jones
And UFC Jones/Gustaffson

129 was the best experience, great card with lots of finishes, even though the main event was lackluster it was nice to see GSP compete live and in front of almost 60k people.

Jones/Gustaffson was sort of a lackluster card up until Barao-Wineland when he KO'd him with a spinning back kick. And Jones/Gustaffson was the best fight I've ever seen, and it was even better because I had Barao/Jones in an 8 fight parlay worth over 1k and I thought I had it in the bag after the Barao fight... Phone Post 3.0

UFC 84 - Penn vs Sherk
UFC 87 - GSP vs Fitch
UFC 98 - Machida vs Evans
UFC 104 - Machida vs Shogun I
UFN - Lytle vs Hardy
UFN - Browne vs Bigfoot
Strikeforce - Fedor vs Henderson

The Fight Nights were definitely more laid back, while the PPVs and Strikeforce card had more of a "big fight" feel to them. The crowd seemed more energized and the anticipation built as the night went on. The three most memorable were Penn/Sherk, Machida/Evans and Fedor/Henderson. They were all huge fights that ended with a big KO. Phone Post 3.0

UFC 119 CroCop vs Mir - Bleh
UFC on Versus 3- Great fight card, Sanchez vs Kampmann was amazing
UFC on Fox 2- Mixed bag
Strikeforce Fedor vs Henderson - Pretty good fights, was hoping Fedor would of won though
UFC 152 - I was ringside for the event so of course I liked it.

later

iv been around the TXmma scene since i was 17, im 28 now so i have been to a crap load

Renegades Extreme Fighting

WeC in Corpus Christi Tx

Strike Force in Corpus Christi Tx

UFC Fight NIght in San Antonio , Tx

Rocks Extreme Cagefighting

PCG - Cowboys Extreme Cage Fighting

iv fought in 3 times at Cowboys DAnce Hall in San Antonio so i got the best seat in the house :)

MrTapout04 - iv been around the TXmma scene since i was 17, im 28 now so i have been to a crap load

Renegades Extreme Fighting

WeC in Corpus Christi Tx

Strike Force in Corpus Christi Tx

UFC Fight NIght in San Antonio , Tx

Rocks Extreme Cagefighting

PCG - Cowboys Extreme Cage Fighting

iv fought in 3 times at Cowboys DAnce Hall in San Antonio so i got the best seat in the house :)
Strikeforce Dallas
UFC Houston Cain vs Dos Santos
UFC San Antonio
WEB Corpus
Legacy Houston
A bunch of ammy fights.

Next one will be UFC Austin in November Phone Post 3.0

Not sure why I quoted that last one Phone Post 3.0

UFC 17 and plenty of local amateur. Phone Post 3.0

UFC 67, 91, 100, UFN Austin, 136, UFC on FOX Seattle, 157, 159, 160, 162, 166, 168, 166, 171, UFN San Antonio, 175, TUF 19 Finale,

Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Dallas. (Werdum/Reem)

Bellator CI (Portland)

Bellator (Robbstown, TX). 

A few XFC (regional shows). 

Just FIGHT PIT 1 with Jens pulver vs the ox Phone Post 3.0

Ufc
UFN 1
Fox 1
Tuf 18
Tuf 19
UFC versus 2

Bellator

Wsof

Strikeforce
Carano vs cyborg
Fedor vs Rodgers
Daly vs Diaz
Rousey vs Kaufman
Melendez vs masvidal
Sobral vs lawler
Challengers 18

Pride

Affliction
Banned
Day of reckoning

Wec

World extreme fighting -sin city
Call to arms 1
Neutral grounds 13
Rfa 4
Tuff n uff - 3 events
Wfa 1
Wfa 3
Cobra fighting- 8 events
Kotc- 27 events
Gladiator challenge- 8 events
Pwp- buentello vs Sylvia
K-1 - 5 events
Draka kickboxing
Hitman- rumble on the reservation
Lotc- lords of the cage
Total combat - 5 events
Throwdown mma
Ultimate athlete 2
2010 world bjj championship
Metamoris 4

Glory kickboxing
Last man standing

Bellator 76: Alvarez vs. Pitbull Phone Post 3.0

Only one worth mentioning for me is WEC 53. The Showtime kick was awesome!!
Plus that card was stacked with a bunch of current top fighters. Phone Post 3.0

UFC on Fox 7 - Henderson vs Melendez
UFC 139 - Hendo vs Shogun
Strikeforce - Fedor vs Werdum
WEC 15
WEC 24
Tachi Palace Fights - 3, 5, 6, and 7
Bellator 125 (Next month)

To pick a favorite is tough. UFC 139 was amazing. Fedor vs Werdum was great to see a legend like Fedor but sucked to see him lose. Both WEC's were awesome and even better to look back at the big names on the card that I had no idea who they were. And TPF 5 is right up there as one of my favorite. Met a lot of fighters at that event and rushed the cage after the main event (Brother-in-law got in it lol).

Ufc 136 Edgar vs Maynard 3/ Aldo vs Florian
Ufc Fight Night San Antonio
Hoping I get to go to Austin too. Phone Post 3.0

Here's my frat story....I worked for Top Rank boxing for 8 years. I knew Dana and Lorenzo from boxing. I talked to them about moving over and made the move from the urging of my husband/boyfriend at the time. I had never seen a UFC event before, didn't even know wtf it was all about.

My first event was UFC 36 and I was in the tunnel and Marc Ratner who was still the NAC commissioner at the time saw me with this crazy look on my face.

"Bethy, what's wrong?" I said, this is the craziest shit I've ever seen in my life. He said, don't worry, you're with a good organization, just give it time.

Sure enough, I was hooked after 3 months. And here I am still with UFC 12 years later. Still LOVE it.

Bad ass the Texas people in here for me
UFC 136 and the fan expo Houston
UFC 166 Cain dos santos 3
UFC 171
UFC Fight night San Antonio
UFC 175 went to Vegas this one and did the expo again Phone Post 3.0