mma fighters do not need belts

"Belts are to hold your pants up...nothing else! "

Isn't that enough? Last thing I need to see is a bunch of guys at the gym with their pants falling down. As for belt color, I feel it should match your shoes. 

Look at Couture now, is Vitor the champ?? he's a great fighter but not the champ, should Randy be worried about getting a belt back, I don't think that would change anyone's oppinion of him. And how much did that "INTERUM"(sp) championship belt mean to Randy or Minotauro?? that belt makes no sense. These guys don't need belts, everyone knows how good they are.

Kroq, I understand in a way what you are saying about the belts, but you have to think of the fighters. A belt is something to be proud of, something a guy can show his friends. Yeah the fight is the true experience and is what matters the most, but when all is said and done it is nice to have something to look at to remember, something to remind you.

Everyone knows there is not much money fighting in this sport, so most people do it for other reasons. Like you say, for the experience of getting in the ring and competing. For the rush. For the crowd. Whatever. A belt is that token that a fighter can get for doing it a little bit better than the other folks on his level. And the fighter is always proud to fight and win it. The better a fighter gets, the bigger the promotions he may have a chance to compete for and the more prestigious the belts in our MMA world.

Damn Kyle, thats the only smart thing i have heard you say. Very well put, SUCKA.

I see your point KB, I guess no champ is going to have a belt too long in this sport any way.

I won the tourney and it feels great to have a title and the belt. ITS AWESOME.

TTT FOR ME, SUCKAS.

What event was that?

Reality Combat, Bad Breed will have toe event posted soon on badbreed.tv as should Realitycombatfighting.com. I am J.C. Pennington.

TtT SUCKA

literally LOL @ dumblikeafox

I just read the plat by play, Sounds like you did good, congratulations. I still say belts don't mean much. Does the belt make the event any more special to you? You might be just as happy with the wins.

I would be happy with the wins but the belt will give me a everyday reminder of why i train so hard and push myself to be the best and that on some level i am living my dreams.

That's cool, sounds like you earned it.

It was definatly a long and hard night but the best test i could have gotten. My next fight will be pro.

And by the way, MMA fighters do need belts, SUCKA.

shit, who likes trophy's for acomplishments? everyone does, a belt is just a differnt kind of trophy. so whoever thinks belts are worthless,they are just mad because i doubt they have ever earned one let alone a trophy... mad props to whoever has earned a belt or givin one out. belts are great trophy's and something every fighter would want to have in his possesion.

I want a belt now so EBM will give me 'mad props'

ps- good luck in the pro ranks, fucka

I would take JC's belt, but I don't think it will fit.

It might fit around your arm, Elmo. Thanks, i blan on trying to win a pro belt now, SUCKA.