MMA Fighters vs. Wu-Tang Clan

in Chess at Hip-Hop Chess Federation Charity Event in San Francisco Oct. 11

UFC Fighters to Play Wu-Tang Clan at HHCF 2nd Annual Chess Kings Invitational

Chess Masters, Rappers and MMA Fighters Come Together for Charity Chess & Grappling

Sept. 15, 2008 - San Francisco, CA- The Hip-Hop Chess Federation is proud to announce the 2nd Annual Chess Kings Invitational. The Hip-Hop Chess Federation fuses music, chess and martial arts to promote unity, strategy and non-violence. The Chess Kings Invitational is a charity chess tournament where celebrities and youth interact through a variety of avenues. Due to the popularity of the event, the HHCF will host the 2nd Annual Chess Kings Invitational at the San Francisco Cow Palace. Everyone is invited to join the team on Saturday October 11, 2008 starting with a scholastic tournament.

UFC Fighters Rich Franklin and Jeff Monson, RZA & GZA from the Wu-Tang Clan, Rakaa from Dilated Peoples and pioneer female MC Roxanne Shante are just some of the stars participating in the celebrity tournament. Best selling author of The Art of Learning and chess master Josh Waitzkin, Rich Franklin, RZA and Ralek Gracie will participate on a panel called "Fitness of Body & Mind". A second panel "Art and Education" will feature Roxanne Shante, Josh Waitzkin, author of children's book Chess Rumble Greg Neri and Def Poetry Jam's Amir Sulaiman.

There will be a standard scholastic chess competition for youth and adults. Additionally, four schools selected by the HHCF will play in the HHCF Scholarship Invitational for scholarship money. A Brazilian jiu jitsu exhibition by MMA fighter Ralek Gracie and Rakaa will also take place. There will be open free chess gaming all day and those who do not know how to play can learn the basics from HHCF chess mentors.

"We are enthusiastic and grateful to all the celebrities, kids and educators coming together for the Chess Kings Invitational" said CEO Adisa Banjoko. "This Invitational is going to be an incredible event. These are tough times for many of America's youth. Nevertheless the HHCF remains unflinching in our goal to share the countless educational and artistic life options for them in this world. People are flying in from all over the country to participate. We're are grateful for all the rappers, chess masters and martial artists who have donated their time to teaching kids healthy alternatives to violence on the streets."

UFC's Rich Franlkin stated, "I'm excited to a part of the Hip-Hop Chess Federation event. Anything that can help young people better their lives is worth it for me."

Fellow UFC vet Jeff Monson is eager to attend after missing last year's event due to a car accident. "I look forward to coming out to the Chess Kings Invitational and teach the kids about staying focused and having fun," said Monson. "I want them to know that it is equally important to train your brain and body to get the most out of life."

To sign up for the tournament visit: http://www.hiphopchessfederation.org/kings2008

Partners for the 2nd Annual Chess Kings Invitational include Scion and Bay Area Chess. Other sponsors include JW Foundation, www.thechesspiece.com, www.onthemat.com, www.friendster.com and CalChess.org. To be a sponsor for this event or for more information on how to participate visit www.hiphopchessfederation.org/kings2008 today!

this is not going to end well.

Wu-Tang Clan ain't nuttin to fuck with.

i expected some wierd shit opening this thread

but this actually surpassed my expectations, and is actually real.

MMA/BJJ guys are going to tool those fools

RZA by rook.

GZA by shadowboxin'

Rich is coming off a strong paper scissor rock performance.  He is expanding his game (HA!) by branching out into chess

ttt

I wonder if Rich wrote it in his contract that Jorge Gurgel gets to play Chess too.

Jeff Monson next to the RZA and GZA...that I would pay to see

MC Roxanne Shante is actually a medical doctor now.

phd from cornell.

the Genius by liquidswords

collect underpants!

I watched UFC 87 with GZA. He was in Madison doing a concert and stopped by the bar to watch the fights. He bought my friends and I a couple of shots of Cabo Wabo. He is a big fan of MMA.

Rza by Fatal Flying Guillotine

tiger style

tiger style

tiger style

Checkmate bitches!

Wu-Tang is for the children.