MMA fights that happened too early?

Mike Brown vs Joe Lauzon

Clay Guida vs Clay Guidiola

Not sure how Anderson/Okami fits in there. Was it too early because Okami is clearly a different fighter now based on beating Kalib Starnes?

orcus -  Not sure how Anderson/Okami fits in there. Was it too early because Okami is clearly a different fighter now based on beating Kalib Starnes?

Agree that this fight didn't come too early, just that it ended unfortunately.

Monsters Ball - I think I know what Drano means. I think Wand should have had one fight in the Octagon first. Instead he was handed Chuck in his first ever fight in the Octagon.

That was not his first ever fight in the Octagon fren'.

CagePotato - 
Bailx - i'll go with some future fights that are happening too earliy

shogun vs. machida
a.silva vs. belfort

If anything, Shogun/Machida feels like it's happening too late, since Shogun's career peak was a few years ago.

Silva/Belfort seems like it's happening at a pretty logical moment.

i disagree, i think shogun needs more time to adapt to the new rules and "cage" in the UFC, and that eventually he'll be back to the higher level we are used to seeing... c'mon he's still very young...

and i think belfort should have at least one dominant performance before fighting silva... (not sure who he'd fight though).

that being said, i can't wait to see either of these fights...just not sure i love the timing of them

ttt

Karo Parisyan vs. Sean Sherk

Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Quinton Jackson

Carlos Newton vs. Dan Henderson

Frank Trigg vs. Hayato Sakurai

Tim Sylvia vs. Ben Rothwell

Jens Pulver vs. Joe Stevenson

couture vs overeem

Can't think of a better answer than Penn/Gomi. Not that it was a meaningless fight back then, but it would have been a HUGE fight a couple years later.

Ricardo Arona vs. Dan Henderson

Henderson vs. Nog

Matt Serra vs. BJ Penn

nick diaz vs lawler, karo, sanchez, riggs and sherk... nick vs lawler and riggs would be awesome again .. but he would def beat karo, sanchez and sherk in a 170 or 185 match for sure. wait! what am i sayin..? ---- nick would crush them all....