MMA gyms near Plymouth, MN?

Heading that way for work, wondering if there are any decent clubs in the Plymouth area?

ttt.  I am not sure where everyone is located in that area anymore, but there are plenty of people on the UG who should be able to help you out.  I think MN Mixed Martial Arts is somewhere in the northern suburbs.  Someone will get on here and get you in the right direction, though.  Good luck.

Respectfully:

Fred

Thanks.

TTT for something that beats a hotel elliptical and shadowboxing.

that would be the next ideal place in MN.

damaebushi -   ttt.  I am not sure where everyone is located in that area anymore, but there are plenty of people on the UG who should be able to help you out.  I think MN Mixed Martial Arts is somewhere in the northern suburbs.  Someone will get on here and get you in the right direction, though.  Good luck.

Respectfully:

Fred

It's in Brooklyn Center which is probably, depending on traffic 15 minutes from Plymouth.

Minnesota Martial Arts Academy is a good pick. But it all depends on what your looking for. We have Jiu Jitsu classes several times a day, thai boxing several times a day, and lots of open rolling. Call the academy and I'm sure they can set you up with something. It's a good choice because lots of good talent to work with and not alot of ego.

There are several other gyms in the area too, but I cannot speak on how they operate.

Derrick Noble - Minnesota Martial Arts Academy is a good pick. But it all depends on what your looking for. We have Jiu Jitsu classes several times a day, thai boxing several times a day, and lots of open rolling. Call the academy and I'm sure they can set you up with something. It's a good choice because lots of good talent to work with and not alot of ego.

There are several other gyms in the area too, but I cannot speak on how they operate.

Thanks Derrick, looks like a good spot.

Just looking to learn some new stuff, train with different faces, and get a few workouts in.

Probably won't have a gi with me due to luggage restrictions, so likely no-gi rolling, sparring, and some MMA work would be ideal.

They can certainly help you out with the no-gi rolling and MMA work. Can't speak to the sparring, probably will want to check you out before anyone will let that happen.

thesleeper - They can certainly help you out with the no-gi rolling and MMA work. Can't speak to the sparring, probably will want to check you out before anyone will let that happen.

I had my bell rung in a fight a month ago, so limited/no sparring is fine with me.

Thanks.

Gorilla COmbat is in CHanhassen

gorillacombat.com

:-)

I should make the most of this and check out both gyms.

Do I need to call in advance or anything or can I just show up early and talk to someone?

Down here this week but pretty swamped. Could possibly do some no gi work tomorrow night if there are classes?

Really nice part of the world, loving the trees/greenery and the absence of the typical concrete jungle city model.