MMA is not main stream in Aus.

I have noticed today after the spider got beat. I am still in shock and have told so many people, they were all like was it a good ko or they were like cool. Not one single person knew the significance of him getting beaten. I thought they would of been like OMFG but they were not phased at all. Disappointed. Phone Post 3.0

"Were there shrimp on the bar-b at least for him when he got back to his room mate?"

j/k Love Aussies

Man everyone I was with and my Facebook was alight as soon as it happened. Phone Post

you must be talking about Austria because everyone I fucking spoke to did

MMA in Australia still has a long way to go and so much room for growth. Fuel TV has great coverage of the UFC but it is only available to about 2.3 million homes. What we really need is a much stronger domestic MMA scene to help build the market because the UFC can't do it alone. It is sad that we don't have any Australian promotions televised nationally and that is really going to limit the growth of the Sport down here. A strong domestic MMA market that can help grow the sport will only elevate the UFC to a higher level because it gives some context to the level of competition. Like you said, the fact that most people don't know the significance of that fight is really sad.

I was at a local AFL game and one of the guys I was with, who was older than me, probably late 40s starts searching UFC on his phone. I said to him a you a fan and he says yeah I love it and so does my wife.

Might not be main stream just yet but certainly growing in popularity very quickly. Phone Post 3.0

if its not mainstream then why does every second muppet wear a tapout hoodie and looks like they wanna rip someone's head off their neck?

BrunoMcGyver - 

if its not mainstream then why does every second muppet wear a tapout hoodie and looks like they wanna rip someone's head off their neck?

I had to work today but a guy came in wearing a tapout hoodie, I asked him if he was watching the fight today and he had no idea what I was talking about. We do have a ton of very knowledgeable and passionate fans though and anyone that was at UFC 110 knows how special that crowd was.

BrunoMcGyver - 

Because you can get two TapouT shirts for $19 at Big W :P
-
I think it depends where you live, in Queensland it seems a lot more mainstream then Sydney - maybe because the amount of shows put on up compared to Sydney, Victoria has a good scene I believe but still have shitty legislation in not allowing the cage.

Hey where do the Melbourne UGers head to watch 162? Wish I made it down to a pub for this one but have had bad experiences before with shitty viewing angles or quiet audio and stuff

South Australia has a awesome following and I think it does help we just legalised the cage. Phone Post

UGCTT_Teila_Tuli's_Tooth -
BrunoMcGyver - 

I had to work today but a guy came in wearing a tapout hoodie, I asked him if he was watching the fight today and he had no idea what I was talking about. We do have a ton of very knowledgeable and passionate fans though and anyone that was at UFC 110 knows how special that crowd was.
VTFU and 1. I was at 110, so much better than 127! Phone Post 3.0

raags -

Hey where do the Melbourne UGers head to watch 162? Wish I made it down to a pub for this one but have had bad experiences before with shitty viewing angles or quiet audio and stuff

Skinny dog in kew,
The Royal hotel and waterloo in essendon.. if your anywhere near there Phone Post

I only know one other person who watches mma and he is always 3 or 4 events behind. The sport has a long way to go but it's better now than it was when I first moved out here 7 years ago.

Tapout shirts mean nothing out here. Lots of my staff have worn Tapout shirts over the years and not one of them has known anything about mma. Phone Post

My girl seen a tap out top and was going to get it for me and all the people that wear them around my town are ferals haha Phone Post 3.0