MMA Junkie TV

SPIKE TV TO PREMIERE “MMA JUNKIE LIVE” IN 2012

SPIKE TV TO PREMIERE “MMA JUNKIE LIVE” IN 2012

Network To Partner With Popular Mixed Martial Arts News Website,
“MMAjunkie.com,” For Its First-Ever Prime Time Mixed Martial Arts News Magazine Show

New York, NY, November 16, 2011 – Spike TV will debut its first ever prime time mixed martial arts news magazine show, “MMA Junkie Live,” in January 2012, it was announced today by Jon Slusser, senior vice president, sports and multi-platform programming, Spike TV. Broadcast live from the iconic MTV Studios in Times Square, the heart of New York City, this half-hour, multi-platform show will feature a look ahead at the weekend’s big mixed martial arts fights, and a look back at the action from recent bouts.

Partnering with the award-winning MMA news website, “MMAjunkie.com,” part of the USA TODAY Sports Media Group, the half-hour show will be hosted by an all-star team of MMA experts and journalists who will engage in discussion and debate regarding the latest news from the sport. “MMA Junkie Live” will also feature live in-studio interviews with many of the world’s top fighters, in-depth features, action-packed highlights, as well as viewer interaction via Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels.

“The goal of the series will be to create the must-see destination for MMA fans who crave news, discussion, information, and expert opinion about the sport they love in a unique and entertaining way,” said Slusser. “Building on our multi-platform success, this show will be an experience that takes advantage of social and mobile platforms to engage viewers in real time and make them a part of the live show.”

Hosts will be announced in the upcoming weeks.

Spike TV is available in 99.8 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV’s Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV’s press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter@spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.

The USA TODAY Sports Media Group, created in January 2011, encompasses all sports initiatives across USA TODAY, as well as Gannett Co. Inc.’s 81 community newspaper properties, 23 broadcast television stations, HighSchoolSports.net and BNQT.com. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).

# # #

Press Contacts:

David Schwarz

Spike TV

_________________________________________________________________________________

Exciting news from Spike TV.

yay!

Congratulations MMA Junkie!!!!

Wonder how much UFC they will cover with UFC leaving Spike.

If they want it to be a serious mma show they will have to focus heavily on the UFC but I'm sure SPike is gonna want them to focus alot on Bellator.

I'll check it out though.

I'm pretty sure this is old news. They announced it a couple of days after the USA today deal. Phone Post

Congrats, one of the few outlets that doesn't treat Bellator like "secret MMA" (as liquidrob coined it on the UG)

smoogy -  Congrats, one of the few outlets that doesn't treat Bellator like "secret MMA" (as liquidrob coined it on the UG)

What outlets treat Bellator like secret mma?

mmafighting?

I'm hoping for a show on the level of MMA Live or HDNet fights. Phone Post

Saw a commercail for this on Spike.  Excited to see it...also confirms Spike's commitment to MMA even if they parted ways wit the UFC.

How much UFC will they cover? Phone Post

over/under on when mmajunkie's credentials will be stripped by Zuffa...

mmavixen -  Saw a commercail for this on Spike.  Excited to see it...also confirms Spike's commitment to MMA even if they parted ways wit the UFC.

I saw that commercial as well during the finale.  I'm very excited; MMA Junkie is an extremely professional web news organization; can't wait to see how they translate into broadcast television.

MMALOGIC -  over/under on when mmajunkie's credentials will be stripped by Zuffa...

No way, I dont see them doing that at all, plus I dont think they are stupid enough to get themselves into that situation.

they are smart enough to know whats up, I dont think ZUffa will give this show/Spike tv rights to air the video of events.

Right? I mean they have to give permission to ESPN and HDNet to air highlights right? So no way will they do that for Spike who countered the FOx show and will probably be countering upcoming UFC events with old fights.