MMA needs more interesting characters

A big part of the reason why boxing has been so big for the last hundred years is all the interesting characters it has had that have gotten so much interest from the press and general public. I´m talking about fighters like Muhammed Ali: Best trash talker in history, contreversal in everything including changing religions and avoiding a military draft. He kept the press busy for years with his antics. And Mike Tyson: A genuine psychopath, nothing fake about that.

What truly great characters does MMA have? Well, I can think of one, Sakuraba. But his prime years were way before MMA got mainstream and I doubt 1% of the general public in the west even knows who he is. In terms of modern day UFC fighters we dont have genuine characters, we have retards acting in a certain way to raise ratings.

Josh Koscheck: Tries to play the "Bully" role so hard. His constant "jokes" are actually cringe worthy to watch, NOTHING he says is funny or witty in any way. Watching his goons on TUF trying to squeeze out fake laughs was embarrassing to watch.

Mayhem Miller, Forrest Griffin and Rampage all try to play the clown role but again, they really arent that witty or good with words. So you can always tell they are trying too hard. I cant really fault them for trying though, at least its better than acting like St. Pierre whose personality is about as interesting as that of a paper bag.

McCorkle is genuinely funny though and so is Tom Lawlor, though I believe he has taken things a bit too far lately. He should spend more time focusing on the fights and less playing dress ups, maybe if he did he wouldnt have back to back losses against B-Level fighters.

CRE - years ago a young boy cried as loud as possible in a crowded village of idiots "CHAEL SONNEN IS COMING, CHAEL SONNEN IS COMING!!" the boy proclaimed, only to be slapped aside by his elders. Many nights of lightning and thunder later a man emerged willing to standup and fight for what the people believe in, this man would bring justice to the MMA world, Chael Sonnen for US President.

Sonnen is another example of a guy that tries to play a certain persona that clearly isnt himself and takes it so far that it gets boring. He falls into the same group as Rampage, Mayhem and Griffin.

CRE - 
Hansumboy - 
CRE - years ago a young boy cried as loud as possible in a crowded village of idiots "CHAEL SONNEN IS COMING, CHAEL SONNEN IS COMING!!" the boy proclaimed, only to be slapped aside by his elders. Many nights of lightning and thunder later a man emerged willing to standup and fight for what the people believe in, this man would bring justice to the MMA world, Chael Sonnen for US President.

Sonnen is another example of a guy that tries to play a certain persona that clearly isnt himself and takes it so far that it gets boring. He falls into the same group as Rampage, Mayhem and Griffin.

Anyone who can drop Anderson Silva on the feet can be anything they want to be in the MMA world my friend. 

Yeah he dropped an out of shape injured Anderson only to get submitted later in the fight, for like the 8th time in his career. Good for him.