MMA Talk all over today, but...

I was so disappointed. People everywhere now thinks that Kimbo Fucking Slice=MMA. Instead of celebrating true athletes like Anderson Silva, GSP, and Fedor, everyone is talking Kimbo and James Thompson.

Its a damn shame that because of Gary Shaw, the old boys club still use terms like barbaric when talking about MMA, and then referring to the term 'sweet science' defending boxing. Doesn't make sense to me. I love boxing, but cringe when the comparison between the two is made. Boxing is one of the arts in mixed martial arts for God's sake.

Times like these make me wish that Dana had just given in and gave up some production control, just to be able to maintain the respect these true warriors have earned. Because Saturday night sure as hell set the sport back a few notches.

I think dana should get some blame

his ego just got the best of him and he thought no one would ever get a network tv deal besides him

he has done some great things, but also some stupid things

also, dont be fooled, even if the ufc was on this saturday night, the old school sports writers would still balst it, its just not part of there sports life

Sadly, more people probably know the name who James Thompson is then Fedor.

deadite34 - Sadly, more people probably know the name who James Thompson is then Fedor.

why shoudld they? fedor and kimbo are both farces

I heard that somewhere

rob, I'm not so sure that they would have blasted it. Imagine Anderson Silva fighting someone on CBS. Or Bj Penn. You'd have it all, world class strking and world class grappling.

Instead, we have barroom standup and no grappling. Hearing Wilbon screech 'ground game' as if he didn't even know it existed. How could he when his introduction consisted of James Thompson laying on Kimbo while the referee created ways to stand up the fight?

I'm just saying that I wish EXC could have found a way to have Nick Diaz or Shields fight somebody on the show, that way the sport is represented instead of glorified toughman.

sslt75 - rob, I'm not so sure that they would have blasted it. Imagine Anderson Silva fighting someone on CBS. Or Bj Penn. You'd have it all, world class strking and world class grappling.

Instead, we have barroom standup and no grappling. Hearing Wilbon screech 'ground game' as if he didn't even know it existed. How could he when his introduction consisted of James Thompson laying on Kimbo while the referee created ways to stand up the fight?

I'm just saying that I wish EXC could have found a way to have Nick Diaz or Shields fight somebody on the show, that way the sport is represented instead of glorified toughman.

wouldnt really matter what you showed them

they wouldnt have watched anyway

you think the guys on PTI, around and the horn and even Rome watched the show?

yeah, I think most of them had to because of the way Kimbo has been hyped up. Every show they had today talked about it.

Golic and Greeny talked about Kimbo for 15 minutes, it was obvious that greenburg didn't watch, but Golic did. 1st and ten talked about it, rome did as well.

PTI had 5 good minutes about Kimbo, LeBetard helped because he was slightly informed, but he was the guy who wrote the ESPN cover story, so he had a vested interest.

both tony and wilbon didnt watch it, greenie didnt like you said

I doubt rome did, maybe the kimbo fight, but no way he watched the whole show, maybe he did, but who knows

Just sucks man, all the exposure for a guy who couldn't put away some meth head named 'adryan'.

At least give the conversation to Lawler or even Gina, hell at least she is skilled.

dont you think if it was silva versus franklin and after silva mauled franklins face it wouldnt be the same?

the old guard cant except what MMA is about

we see a great display technique, wide range of skills, they see richs nose going 3 different ways

lol, sorry you just cant except my fighter lifestyle