MMA Writers Wanted - SoCal Area

Wanted -- Freelance writers to do profiles of fighters, gyms, and event coverage.

• Must have good knowledge of the sport.

• Must actually be a good writer (one of my pet peeves is bad writing by MMA "journalists").

• Should preferably live in the SoCal area.

Pay is comparable to beginning freelance jobs out there in the internet world -- i.e. pays little, but it's something.

Please send 1-2 writing samples, 500-800 words in length to becca@uofmma.com

If you send anything longer I won't read it. 

Thanks!

-Becca

Also, you don't have to have previous official writing experience -- writing skill and enthusiasm can make up for that. So, if you don't have existing articles to submit, write up a mock profile of a fighter or event and send that in.

FYI - this is for the U of MMA website which is launching soon, so you'll be working for a high quality amateur promotion run by a former Pride VP. So if you're an MMA geek, you're going to have a lot of fun. ;)

TTT for U of MMA!

Yeah, send it in and we can chat about it!

ttt!

ttt

Ring Girl - FYI - this is for the U of MMA website which is launching soon, so you'll be working for a high quality amateur promotion run by a former Pride VP. So if you're an MMA geek, you're going to have a lot of fun. ;)

Gary Jerry Millen?

LOL - no definitely not. Turi Altavilla is our promoter - former VP of Pride and actually their first non-Japanese employee. He was an exec at ProElite, also.

ttt

Mongoose -- when is your next fight, when would you be available to write? Send some samples to me at becca@uofmma.com and we can talk some more about the details.

TTT Phone Post

What if you don't wear shirts with rinestomes and dragons? Also, if you can't name one UFC ring card girl....need one apply?

LOL@GB - In fact, those qualities will EXCLUDE you no matter how good a writer you are, so yes, one should apply. ;)

Turi and Millen are not that far apart Phone Post

Yeah, lots of WWE fans still around - I think they watch it secretly home alone now, though. ;)

Seriously though, I know tons of people really into pro-wrestling out here in SoCal.

...for anyone who's thinking of sending in an email to me, please do so today, I will start going through all the emails I've received tonight!

Thanks!

I do have a friend who blogs that wants to be a modern day "GB". I may even throw him some GB exclusives if you hire him.

Hi Ring Girl: I sent an email but it was asking if we retain all rights to the sample we send?

GB - send him my way!

FatBuddha - Yes, you keep the rights to your sample. I won't do anything with it at all, I just want to be able to see what you can produce. Thanks for asking!