how he got Godly.

(throwing down a gautlet) Lets start a new character each and then
meet in a week and see what happens? Anyone else have Xpac you
are welcome to join - I saw it for like 20 bucks yesterday at fry's -
this tells me that a 3rd installment is coming soon -
heheheheheheehehe (rubbing hands)

Who is up for it? Resnick - no cheating - with level 80 Pali's

David

Sothy, at home I play a lot of fighting games, but I NEVER play them in arcades for exactly that reason. One challenger and my 50 cents is gone in seconds.

dave, i already began to take you up on that challenge. got a brand spanking new pally started today.. he is only lv 11 now, not much time to play with finals and all..

and, you cant use maphack anymore you tool... thats one of the things the fix took care of, as well as all the badass weapons and charms that made the game cake.

-resnick

I've been enjoying reading this board for a while, finally found a thread I can really contribute to...

Basically these days I play PC, PS2, and GBA. It doesn't need to blow up or squirt blood if it's got style (see my strategy for Splinter Cell below).

Atari 2600: IMHO, the best were Yar's Revenge and Warlords.

Judo games: I love VF4 but the controls to get Goh to do the grapple throws...even Brian Jack's Uchimata (geek alert) was easier to understand. I still have to go with my custom fighters for Pride FC and Fire Pro Wrestling. Modeled after my judo - with just a few minor embellishments (ahem)...

Halo: Been playing multiplayer Halo PC (CTF, mostly). The vehicles are fun, but all the servers I've played on were full of TKers.

Splinter Cell: I played this game on the PC like I was watching an old episode of "Kung Fu" - minimal violence, maximum stealth for about halfway through. After that, it was "go time".

But my top single player game is probably still Dynasty Warriors (3 or 4, for PS2) - I just love saving my army from defeat by taking on the entire opposing force singlehanded. If only they could get *more* dudes on the screen to meet my justice it would be perfect.

Dave Christianson

PS - San Jose guys:
Just so I introduce myself properly, some of you guys might remember me. I came down from Budokan Seattle and worked out at San Jose one summer in like 95 or 96 when I had an internship at Apple. I met Josh briefly in Cleveland.

I take what i said about 10 mins max comp time back. I was addicted to this game for about a year: http://www.homestead.com/rhinoxsis/zFcurveball.html If you can get past level 9, youre easily my idol lol.

Ok Josh it is on - I just gave my finals all i have to do is correct
them and you are done.

Dave - good to hear from you again - I was still training when you
were here. Now in good old Barnes and Budokan lingo - Man up.
get the violence up high as hell - blood all over the place. I went
through Splinter Cell and killed everyone - well at least at the
levels that you are allowed. I guess I am a violent person
(shrugging).

And now that I am a completely certified jedi of the darkside I feel
a disturbance in the force - yes - I feel the need to go and kill
things.

David

David, you mean you want me to "put the meat on"?

The dark side is quicker, easier, more seductive. But for me the question is not what or how many but how. For instance, on a Splinter Cell "no kill" mission, anybody can sticky shocker their way into a facility. The ring airfoil takes a little bit of accuracy to use right but it's still just a bullet substitute. But what about getting clear past one set of guys without using anything, then put the choke hold on a dude in his office while the guy sitting 10 feet away is busy typing? And on the "kill" missions, what about reprogramming the enemy's sentry guns to shoot them? What about using the IR goggles to help you shoot down from a crawlspace in the ceiling? Spy games need that kind of dramatic artistry. Lots of stealth kills and choke holds. And the odd room clearing grenade.

Now if we were discussing Max Payne - I think there's just about one strategy for that game, and it does not involve conserving ammunition.

Dave

"You guys ever wanna battle, bring it on, I am a special forces all around commando mother fucker...My record score for online play is 122-94-2..Thats right I took 94 online lives with 2..Step up to the mic and get busted."

thats pretty hard to do, unless you wall hack or use cheats! I play desert combat about 3 times a week. I own everyone in that game. what server do you play on? we can maybe team up sometime, or if you prefer i'll come snipe your ass.

"or if you prefer i'll come snipe your ass." bsk, I would knife kill you while you where glassing. That score is 100% real..Don't hate cause you cant relate, rookie...Got it on Alaska Fight Club server..Ask any of the regs..My name is AMERICAN JUDOKAI'm doing a reinstall right now but will be online tomorrow night.Just do a gamespy or ase search for my name..You got the swoww2? I just got it, gunna install that too..Although I kind of like the realism of the game the most. And that realism is that I am a bad mother......shut yo mouth!!!

dave,
you better be careful... my new pally is already lv 19. got criverbs, sigon, isenhardts, and hsarus sets. oh.. yea, and he is a vengence/salvation pally.. which, under the new mod to the game, means he hits like a 50-car freight train on a lonley texas highway.

-resnick

Hacked out - no way can you find all those things is 19 levels. But
that is ok mine is at 14 and coming up fast.

The Darkside rules (choking Resnick)

David

"You got the swoww2?" nope just the regular desert combat installed.

"That score is 100% real..Don't hate cause you cant relate, rookie...Got it on Alaska Fight Club server..Ask any of the regs.."

k, i'll be on tonight! I like the more infantry maps like lost village, basrah's edge, and basrah's nights. real men don't fight in tanks in jets if you know what I mean. The northeast is snowed in tonight, so I have a good excuse to get some serious gamin in.

"bsk, I would knife kill you while you where glassing."

perhaps after I sniped you 50 times and you figured out where I was. Then I would c4 your ass so hard it would throw Yoshida for Ippon.

"Although I kind of like the realism of the game the most. And that realism is that I am a bad mother......shut yo mouth!!! "

Another internet shit talker? Well, I'm accepting your challenge, don't even try and punk out!! I hope your as good as you say, I hate bitch slappin noobs all night. I'll be on tonight and tomorrow night. I hope the alaska fight club server doesn't lag for me though.

dave, i dont hack or cheat in any way... besides, it would be IMPOSSIBLE under the new game mods they made. plain ole truth is that you suck and dont wanna face this! =) lmao.

-resnick

For PC there is only one game: Rouge Spear! Been playing for like 5 years now. Still play everyday.

Ok started Splinter Cell over again - trying to go through and kill
no one. Thanks for the Challenge Dave - this quite a bit harder
this way.

BTW - Sam Fischer is back in the spring - Splinter Cell's Pandora's
Tomorrow.

Looks bad ass and it is online enabled.

David

Ok - I failed to not kill everything - Not that it wasn't a challenge,
but I am impatient and just decided to thrash everything. Even
went back and killed those I had past for the sake of nothing - of
course I was in the creep mode. Fisher is the man.

David

Yes, that's one drawback to playing stealth style - once you get seen, it's boring to reload the game or go hide somewhere until you can start over. So if something harshes my mellow in "sneaker" mode (like if that guy in the jail cell in Tblisi sees me and shoots his mouth off at me), then I pretty much switch to "cleaner" mode and start putting hats on the floor.

All this talk makes me want to go get some game on. But I think my "payback" list in judo is getting just a little too long...better get to practice.

Anybody know whats up with doom 3? Thought it should have already been out.

Read about that as well and it is one of the most anticipated
games for 2004. Heard it is supposed to be bad ass but since I
never played any of them I don't know for fact how good the game
is at all.

David

I just bought my wife a brand new kick ass PC

3.06 pentuim4 hyperthread

512M ram

64m vid card.

I'm looking forward to playing some kick ass games.