MMAJunkie better get their act together

Last night MMAJunkie had ran a story that Chris Leben was arrested last night for a DUI, and was in jail for violating his probation.

You can read the story here:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4250/ufc-fighter-chris-leben-arrested-for-dui.mma

Thanks to MMAMania, the real story is something very different.

Here's a quote from their article

"Chris Leben flew from Hawaii to Oregon to turn himself in on an old Driving Under the Influence (DUI) charge, clearing the way for him to obtain his visa and take on Michael Bisping at UFC 85: “Bedlam” at the O2 Arena in London, England, on June 7.

According to TJ Thompson of Icon Sport, “The Crippler” will have to sit in jail for 8-10 days before he gets a hearing because the warrant was a “no bail” warrant.

Here’s a snip:

“When he got the call to fight Bisping on June 7th in London he knew what he had to do. He immediately flew to Oregon and turned himself in on the probation violation…. The moment he appeared before the judge after turning himself in the warrant was revoked and he is able to get his VISA for London.” "

That puts the situation in a whole different light, and I think MMAJunkie should run a retraction or at the very least edit their story.

Here's the link to MMAMania's story.

http://mmamania.com/2008/05/01/chris-leben-dui-looks-to-clear-up-dui-charge-prior-to-ufc-85/

wfc1273 - Agreed.. im glad you cleared that up. The way I read it was he got popped and thrown in jail last night for DUI.

That's exactly what I thought. When I first read it seemed like he was out drinking and driving last night and then got popped, when in actuality, it's nothing like that.

Shame on the Junkie, they're better then that.

ttt

I guarantee that Junkie did not make up the story they posted. They took it from a credible source like all their other articles. Someone, somewhere made a mistake in how it was written, it happens. The Junkie guys are top notch and are not out to sabotage anyone.

At the bottom of the article is a "Touch of gloves" to the mmajunkie forum. Credible source for an article IMO....

I personally like the junkies articles and he has great, insightful articles.  HE also usually doesn't post shit until its be confirmed by a credible source. Last night junkie spoke to a sheriff dep. who said it had to do with a dui arrest and he was locked up that day- however the sheriff failed to state the dui was from 3 years ago. Junkie edited the article, and admitted he wished he had just waited a little longer before posting that. Junkie = good for MMA

How many articles have you seen linked from junkie on this site?