Mod suggestion thread

This is a place where you can make suggestions for mods on how to do their job better.

Personally, I think they are doing a great job and no adjustments are necessary. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

I don't even know what the hell they do so I have no idea whatsoever how they could do it better.

Maybe ban duplicate accounts by known trolls? Tuffer, Steve's 32 different accounts, just off the top of my head.

Maybe dedicate time towards creating a new, fully functional and fully operating app that actually has all the features such as search, edit, and embedding videos. Cause as of now my blue is basically pointless, considering I only ever use the app.

I'm sure I'll think of more later. Phone Post 3.0

I identify as a mod.

I want my special message from Kirik!! Phone Post 3.0

Trust -

Mods are essentially electronic hall monitors.  

We can give people time out, and/or delete their stuff, but not ban them.  We can report repeat offenders to admins for bans.   That's about it.  We have nothing to do with the design or operation of the site.  Most of us aren't going out of our way looking for offenders; we just take action when and if we come across something while otherwise using the site like any other user.   And once a year we get a special massage from Kirik.  At least he told me he does it with with all the mods.  I still don't understand why I have to be unconscious for it.  

LOL note taken Phone Post 3.0

Oh wait...massage...not message...

I want one of those too!! Phone Post 3.0

I would prefer a mod AMA thread.

In Phone Post 3.0

I nominate that King Trav guy to be mod Phone Post 3.0

FreightTrain - I would prefer a mod AMA thread.
Well, there are most likely certain things that we can't talk about so I don't think an AMA would be very insightful.

And when I say certain things we can't talk about, I don't mean anything nefarious by that, it's just that we don't own the site and there are probably things that we can't answer in an official capacity.

In any case, feel free to ask questions here. Phone Post 3.0

Site would have to close if the truth came out Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic -
Site would have to close if the truth came out Phone Post 3.0
Truth about what? Phone Post 3.0

One example would be just how many people really have mod status here. It's a conflict when people can control the narrative for personal gain. Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic - One example would be just how many people really have mod status here. It's a conflict when people can control the narrative for personal gain. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not following.

Control what narrative and for what gain? Phone Post 3.0

Nitecrawler - 
MountainMedic - One example would be just how many people really have mod status here. It's a conflict when people can control the narrative for personal gain. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not following.

Stop replying.  He's on to us and my daughter needs braces, I need the money to continue to flow for the next few months.

clattymine -
Nitecrawler - 
I'm not following.

Stop replying.  He's on to us and my daughter needs braces, I need the money to continue to flow for the next few months.

Lol

I'll stop stirring the pot Phone Post 3.0

TheTurtle - I nominate that King Trav guy to be mod Phone Post 3.0
Fuck that guy...he's a douchebag. Phone Post 3.0

clattymine -
Nitecrawler - 
I'm not following.

Fuck, you're right.

I just bought my fifth house for cash too!!!

Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic - 
clattymine -
Nitecrawler - 
I'm not following.

Lol

I'll stop stirring the pot Phone Post 3.0

It's not stirring the pot ... 

I think the only Kirik and maybe a couple others could draw personal gain from controlling the narative around here.  Mods like me?  I can't do shit to increase the size of my wallet, or else I would.  So at best, you're right but on a super small scale, and at worst you're a nut job conspiracy theorist who's making up crazy shit.  

It's hilarious to read all about what people think goes on behind the scenes.  Unless there's some seedy underbelly that I'm not privy to, modding is so simple and without malice 99% of the time.  And I'd say 99% of the time that 1% of maliced modding gets corrected.  I've had talking to's about stuff that I've done, we're people and most of the modding is judgement calls.  My judgement is different than everyone elses on certain issues, that's why it's good to ahve a bunch orf mods.

I've read stuff about secret forums, controlled content, personal vendettas, unless I"m missing something or not as high up on the ladder as I think, it's all conjecture and fabricated by people with too much time on their hands to think up shit like that (see your post above).

I've seen things happen where the forum makes wild ass assumptions and runs with it, and they're 100% wrong because they don't know the whole story.  Sometimes it's not worth trying explain, sometimes it's none of anyone's business, so I leave it, otherwise I'll try to correct the wrong assumption. 

Modding is actually not that interesting and the amount of "power" is about limited to deleting posts, freezing people, and recommedning admin's ban people.

clattymine -
Nitecrawler - 
I'm not following.

Lol Phone Post 3.0