Moderator accountability features?

What happens now when moderation is committed? Is there a public notification of who did it and why they did it? Does someone get notified when their post is deleted? Does everyone else? Is that person told who did it (and why)? Is everyone else?

Thanks.

accountability. that's what we need.

lol

Other forums have this feature. I think it's a great idea.

So far from what i can tell is there is a window available to all mods and admin that shows the history of your account name.It shows what action was taken and by whom and when.All anyone has to do is ask and any mod can tell you who did something and what they did, unless i'm mistaken on how it works.It's a good step in the right direction imo, i don't feel someone who's spamming nonsense or deliberately breaking rules (talking extreme cases here) deserves any more of anyone's time, but the greater majority of cases the info is right there and available for anyrednamer (not just who did the action) to answer any questions.Again this is just how i understand it, and how it looks to me.I didn't have enough time to play with the functions as much as i'd like to.

There is also a restore function so if something is mistakenly removed or after the fact it's decided it wasn't against the rules it can be brought back.

Ah, who cares. If you're cooler than a nun's cunt, (like me) the mod's love you and don't fuck with you. The problem isn't the mods, it's uncool people who disagree with the mods.:D

Thanks Spankenstyne. I'm not sure why that information is not freely available, but it is certainly a step in the right direction.

Can a mod tell me if my screen name has a history? I have pop up blocker and I have read that if you have it, it can block warnings.

Thanks

There is a log of all deleted threads, that lists who
deleted them, and why. It can be reversed.

It is sort of a parallel forum.

There is no need what so ever for a mod to explain
themselves to the person in question unless they
choose to. A guy can argue anything, and it is a
waste of time, generally. I think it is human nature
to think what ever it is you do is terrific.

Mod accountability is not to someone screwing
with the page, it is to other mods.

ttt for a mod.

I like transparency. I think all of the moderation meta-information (who, what, when, why) should be public, and I'm not sure why it can't be.

Then we could watch the watchmen.

But this is certainly a step in the right direction. I'm curious to see how well it works.

Thanks for the explanation.

Actually, Kirik, what about individual posts? I see that deleted threads are logged, but what about individual posts removed from threads?

Thanks.

well if mods are only accountable to other mods then its a waste of time, imo, since its been my experience that the other mods don't usually give a shit about someone deleting threads for personal reasons

ttt

Date: 01/12/04 08:05 PM
4004 Total Posts Ignore User

Actually, Kirik, what about individual posts? I see
that deleted threads are logged, but what about
individual posts removed from threads?

Thanks.

All deletion is kept and reversible.

ADMIN: [ Delete Message : Warn User : Warn
Super Admin ]

Date: 01/12/04 08:52 PM
18793 Total Posts Ignore User

well if mods are only accountable to other mods
then its a waste of time, imo, since its been my
experience that the other mods don't usually give a
shit about someone deleting threads for personal
reasons

I care :-)

ttt

Mods were supposed to be accountable after the last forum upgrade, and in the last year they have been worse than ever.