modern MMA stinks

its beginning to suck ass with all the rules and entertainment crap.

with the death of pride we lost our last connection to NHB /vale tudo and the true sport of fighting.

I don't mind there being a modern sport of MMA i am just sick of the WWF bullshit and the fuckin TUF noobs who hate real fighting and want more rules and want to pander to boxing type fights.

We need underground NHB again Vale Tudo taped on shakey cameras with no rules . (no not felony fights)

Damnit!!!! why can;t there still be a real vale tudo sport, let MMA make the big $$$ but leave us something for the old hardcore fans who were watching UFC1 on live tv and used to watch the old Gracie challenege videos.

lol @ complaining about WWF bullshit in the same post where you mourn the loss of Pride with their numerous Giants, David & Goliath matches, ring escapes, jobbers, and laser light show intros.

Orcus is correct.

pride hatin dick gobblas

go watch Icon...they have less rules then DSE Pride or UFC.

Either way, bashing Prowrestling bullshit and then praising pride in the same post is funny.

"Vale Tudo will be reborn, imo. "

msn i hope you are right dude

NHB (No Holds Barred) hasn't been around for YEARS!

Vale Tudo isn't true NHB, neither was UFC 1. They had barred holds...no biting, no eye gouging.

Pride doesn't allow elbows...so that's not NHB either.

Where were you guys watching NHB? Van Damme movies don't count.

well early UFC rules were almost identical to the ancient Pankration rulkes used in ancient greece and that lasted a 1000 years sooooo...

STFU

2 rules no biting and no eye gouging and that is only punishable by a fine. No weight classes, no time limits and no fucking crying.

"early UFC rules were almost identical to the ancient Pankration rulkes used in ancient greece and that lasted a 1000 years sooooo"

Hahahaha....you are so WRONG, on both accounts.

Even pankration wasn't NHB, turd-girl. And it didn't last 1000 years. Do your homework.

The ancient greeks were fags and even they had better rules in combat than modern day UFC. Dana shouldn't care if the rules suck but the fans should.

I remember reading that one of the famous wrestlers in the early Olympic days was some greek dude whose specialty was breaking the other guy's fingers. It would suck to wrestle that guy....and then add in the fact that you're both naked. Double Suck.

I wish I had a time machine and good go back to the days of Pele vs Macaco.

"Even pankration wasn't NHB, turd-girl. And it didn't last 1000 years. Do your homework. "

you are an ignorant mouthbreather

The ancient art of Pankration had a strong and vibrant competetive history lasting just over 1000 years from its earliest mention at the 33rd Olympics in 648 B.C. to when The Games at Olympia came to an end in 435 A.D., when the Emperor Theodosius issued an Edict banning the use of pagan structures. As the Games were dedicated to the pagan god Zeus, (heavy athletics training centers or palaestras also contain many elements of god and hero worship from Herakles and Thesues to Athena and Hermes) it was impossible to continue the Games and quite possibly the training without these facilities.

DUMBASS n ow tell us again how these and the early UFC and Vale Tduo is not NHB you moron perhapos you should take your own advice and do YOUR HOMEWORK

OWN3D!

Any single outlawed manuever negates the term 'NHB' as it means 'NO HOLDS BARRED' (as in 'nothing is illegal'). Where did I lose you?

Your 'just over 1000 years' remark was wrong not because it was too much, but because it was far too little. Recorded history of pankration indicates it took place at those games in 648 BC....but for it to have been included it would hve ALREADY been in existence. In fact, it could have been as old as 1500 BC or more...but the games didn't start until 648 BC. And even though the Olympic Games ended...doesn't mean it was no longer practiced at the other places where games of this sort took place (like Delphi, Nemea and. So it obviously didn't 'magically disappear" in 435 AD. Especially since Theodosius becamse Christian and cancelled the Games in 393 AD.

Pankration was never NHB because you could NEVER bite or eye gouge...those were (dare I say it??) BARRED HOLDS.

Could you bite in the early UFCs? No, it was a barred hold. Could you eye gouge in Vale Tudo? I don't believe it was allowed.

Parry, thrust....counter-pwn3d to the nth power!

PS - Nice use of plagarism from whatever you Googled, but you still need to read some more Pankration history, kiddo.

I thought Bludhall said "early UFC rules were almost identical to the ancient Pankration rulkes used in ancient greece and that lasted a 1000 years sooooo"

No where did he say that either had NO HOLDS BARRED. I don't know who or what you're arguing but I think you're just grasping at straws buddy. Do my homework.

Bring back the Vale Tudo fishnet!

"PS - Nice use of plagarism from whatever you Googled, but you still need to read some more Pankration history, kiddo.
"

it was pulled from my article on my website dumbass, which i wrote dumbass. Jesus you are dense. Go research that infor about Pankration you fruitcake and come back when you have a single fact on your side.

also your dumbfuck idea of what No Holds Barred means is fucking idiotic, in your unlearned opinion there has never been no holds barred. But thats only becasues you are dumb as a doorpost.

Fact of the matter is that in both the early UFC's and ancient Pankration the only penalty for breaking the only 2 rules was in the UFC a fine and in pankration a few whacks with a stick. The fight continues even if a foul is done. Your an idiot, thanks for proving it.

What are the rules for the Bodog card in Russia?

unfortunatly the bodog fights adhere to US mma rules whichs sucks, they are missing a great opportunity to corner the real MMA market by having true vale tudo matches

LOL @ telling Bludhall of all people that he needs to read more pankration history.