modern MMA stinks

"t was pulled from my article on my website dumbass, which i wrote dumbass."

This is why I come to this site, the high minded debate.

"why do people reference pancrase like the shit is old. i thought the shit is from greece. if so, it cannot be that old compared to other forms of fighting competitions being held in other parts of the world before greece was even populated by humans. that is part of the reason greeks eventually traveled to other parts of the world. to study "

What are you talking about , far as i know the only other time in human recorded history they had NHB fighting matches was with the pankration in ancient greece and pankratium in ancient Rome. The egyptians had sub wrestling but thats about it. Most cultures had a boxing or a wrestling but few put it all together into a NHB fighting sport. And they did it for over a 1000 years with city competing against city and athletes being professional, earning a living doing it.

"far as i know the only other time in human recorded history they had
NHB fighting matches was with the pankration in ancient greece"

Once again...pankration and vale tudo aren't NHB. My point is, and has
been, that there is NO SUCH THING as NHB. Am I splitting hairs? Perhaps
from your perspective. I'd call it "arguing semantics".

Pankration and vale tudo had rules (however slight) which, by definition,
mean neither were NHB.

Nowhere did I say anything about a foul ending a fight, nor did I make
mention of the fact that were or weren't penalties. If there's penalties,
there's rules. Thank you for making my point.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c2/Noholdsbarred6pc.jpg/200px-

Hulk Hogan plays Rip, a very popular professional wrestler. Although Rip looks and acts like a brute, he is actually a golden-hearted guy. He has a younger brother whose presence in the audience motivates him enough to win his matches.

Rip appears on a television channel which screens all his matches. Thanks to Rip, the channel is highly popular. However, an evil money-hungry chairman of a rival channel, Brell (Kurt Fuller), wants to employ Rip in exchange for a lot of money. Rip having learned faithfulness and honesty from his training in the past, refuses, as he considers that wrestling is a noble art that is not meant for show.

Brell then decides to counter the popularity of Rip's channel by creating a new kind of wrestling program with brutal, merciless and violent fights. Brell's new program gets high ratings. His leading fighter is a brainless but brawny wrestler named Zeus (Tim "Tiny" Lister Jr), who sports a "Z"-shaped patch of hair on his skull; Zeus' main characteristic is that he is unfazable, and that he mercilessly beats his opponents unconscious. An example of Zeus' brutality is displayed in a factory "fight" scene, where someone accepts Zeus' offer to fight but is pummelled.

A beautiful female spy (Joan Severance) is sent by the evil Brell to seduce Rip and look over him for her boss. As she realizes Rip's good nature, she tells the truth to the wrestler and turns to his side.

Brell then challenges Rip to fight Zeus in an ultimate violent battle to be aired live on Brell's channel. Rip rejects the offer to protect his honor, but Zeus beats up Rip's brother, who is then sent to the hospital in critical condition. To avenge his brother, Rip accepts the challenge in order to face the two villains.

Before the match, Brell abducts Rip's friends and threatens to kill them if Rip doesn't lose deliberately. With the odds against him, Rip wins the match after Zeus falls from a perch in the arena. Rip turns his attentions to Brell, who accidentally falls into an electrical panel to his demise. With his friends rescued and his brother recovering in the hospital, Rip celebrates his victory