Modern politics are terrible

At grandmas and CNN is on and it "breaks" to Hillary giving a speech. This bitch is more about bashing Republican's than saying anything of substance. How do we expect to ever elect a proper leader when politics are more about campaigning and bashing the other side than finding the right person for the job? Phone Post 3.0

Are we electing a leader or the best campaigner? Phone Post 3.0

Just like popular entertainment or successful products. The blame lies on the consumer and they wouldn't do it if it didn't work.

Every candidate that focuses on substance loses. At this point I think there are as many people with a high political IQ staying out of the voting process as there are in. Phone Post 3.0

Really, look at the feelers vs the thinkers.

I'm going to hack this up a bit because of convenience, but the majority of people make decisions based on how they feel over how they think...specifically about 70% of the female population and over 40% of the male population.

The thinkers are outnumbered.

This infects both parties. Without a change in the human condition, we are bound to end up being ruled based on the irrational feeling of the majority.

Democracy may be a god built to die over time. Phone Post 3.0

CavemanDave - Really, look at the feelers vs the thinkers.

I'm going to hack this up a bit because of convenience, but the majority of people make decisions based on how they feel over how they think...specifically about 70% of the female population and over 40% of the male population.

The thinkers are outnumbered.

This infects both parties. Without a change in the human condition, we are bound to end up being ruled based on the irrational feeling of the majority.

Democracy may be a god built to die over time. Phone Post 3.0
Vote up. I agree. Phone Post 3.0

They've been shit since Washington really. The best part is that he called it when he left office. It seems so much worse now for two reasons:

1) all-day news and the internet provide unprecedented access to political information to almost the entire population.

2) the Fairness Doctrine was basically repealed allowing media commentators to give highly slanted political editorials on air giving rise to your Fox News and CNBCs. Phone Post 3.0

CuddleBug - Just like popular entertainment or successful products. The blame lies on the consumer and they wouldn't do it if it didn't work.
Yep Phone Post 3.0