Monday night football – Blue name on the line

So I’m tied up for the week in my pick em league.  It all comes down to tonights game and I’m struggling with which team to pick.  So I’m making an offer to yous guys; make your best case as to which teams wins and why.  If you’re the one to convince me of which team to pick and are correct and I win the week I will buy you or re-up your blue.

I need to know which team wins (straight up, no spread) and the combined score of the game as the tie-breaker.

So does superman-newton come in and take out buttfumble sanchez?  Or does Sanchez cuckhold Rivera like he did Ryan?  Philli is at home and has more talent than Carolina, but with Sanchez at the helm who knows what that means?  Carolina is a terrible team, but even the jets pulled out a win this week!  Frankly, them beating Philli would be less of an upset in my eyes…..

So who wins?

JimLahey - That is why the Eagles will win.

And the combined score?

The Carolina eagles will win by 3 homeruns. You can bet on that! Phone Post 3.0

Panthers are gonna win 31-21 they know this is their chance to catch the Saints in their crappy division plus Sanchez isn't going to play anywhere near as well as he did last week. Phone Post 3.0

24 -17 carolina.
Sanchez looked good, but Carolina has been preparing for him for 10 days. Phone Post 3.0

I started Newton in my fantasy league, you can bet your ass he'll fumble twice and throw at least three interceptions. Phone Post 3.0

Eagles, with ease. 24-10 Phone Post 3.0

Eagles win 27-17

Neither team is as good as they were last year, but Carolina has fallen off harder.

- Their defense isn't as good as it was; they were ranked no. 2 in the league last year and they're no. 25 this year. Without Greg Hardy they can't get pressure.

- On offense, they have no weapons for Newton other than Benjamin. Cam's completed 48% of his passes in his last 3 games

Carolina is 2-3-1 in its last 6 road games
Philly is 8-1 in its last 9 home games

I'd take Philly by 10. I don't mind Sanchez starting, because Foles has been pretty mediocre this year. Sanchez with Philly's weapons should be fine. Will probably make one or two stupid throws, but he'll make plays.

I'll also note that I'm 11-1 with my picks against the spread this week. I've been picking like shit this season (only got 4 right last week) so I'm not really bragging, but this is lining up to be a magical week of picks for me. And I took Philly at -6.5.

Vegas has the Eagles as a touchdown favorite. If they thought the panthers had a shot, that line would be closer to 3 like the Jets and Steelers game last night.

Panthers D is missing a lot of bodies and nowhere close to where it was a year ago. Cam has been all over the place this season. Eagles D has looked good in spurts and should be flying all over the field.

Sanchez has been a question mark, but the way the offense is built he won't need to provide heroics. Basically as long as he doesnt Butt Fumble, the Eagles should coast to the victory.

Eagles 30-24 with the Panthers covering on a garbage time TD.

Eagles at home.

Eagles 38
Panthers 20

Just a gut feeling! Phone Post 3.0

TextBookDub_ - 
dizz - I'll also note that I'm 11-1 with my picks against the spread this week. I've been picking like shit this season (only got 4 right last week) so I'm not really bragging, but this is lining up to be a magical week of picks for me. And I took Philly at -6.5.

11-1 pretty good for such a strange week.

Even stranger, the only one I missed was the one where I picked against my own team (picked against SF and took NO at -4.5)

Under the pressure of the loud home fans, Sanchez is going to fold like one of Kirik's cheap suits.

Take Carolina 24-13.

Philly doesn't need Mark Sanchez to play well to win. They're a good team despite average or even subpar QB play so far this year. Except for Jay Cutler, Foles leads the league in turnovers by a QB (10 int and 3 fumbles lost). Yet they're winning. Carolina, on the other hand, is struggling hard - they can't run and can't stop the run. Plus they're consistently getting the shit kicked out of them on the road.

Eagles, 24-13.

Eagles win 34-20 Phone Post

ClevelandCursed - Vegas has the Eagles as a touchdown favorite. If they thought the panthers had a shot, that line would be closer to 3 like the Jets and Steelers game last night.

Panthers D is missing a lot of bodies and nowhere close to where it was a year ago. Cam has been all over the place this season. Eagles D has looked good in spurts and should be flying all over the field.

Sanchez has been a question mark, but the way the offense is built he won't need to provide heroics. Basically as long as he doesnt Butt Fumble, the Eagles should coast to the victory.

Eagles 30-24 with the Panthers covering on a garbage time TD.
Being a touchdown underdog is very far from not having a shot. Especially on a Monday night foot ball game everyone will be watching Phone Post 3.0

Pick the Eagles asshole. Phone Post 3.0

JimLahey - Fly, Eagles fly, on the road to victory,
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown one-two-three.
Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And watch our Eagles fly.
Fly, Eagles fly, on the road to victory!
E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!
Jim Lahey.

I know a Jim Lahey from Philly. Phone Post 3.0

dizz - Eagles win 27-17

Neither team is as good as they were last year, but Carolina has fallen off harder.

- Their defense isn't as good as it was; they were ranked no. 2 in the league last year and they're no. 25 this year. Without Greg Hardy they can't get pressure.

- On offense, they have no weapons for Newton other than Benjamin. Cam's completed 48% of his passes in his last 3 games

Carolina is 2-3-1 in its last 6 road games
Philly is 8-1 in its last 9 home games

I'd take Philly by 10. I don't mind Sanchez starting, because Foles has been pretty mediocre this year. Sanchez with Philly's weapons should be fine. Will probably make one or two stupid throws, but he'll make plays.
This is the front runner so far.

I would think the scores would be a bit higher ...

I'm thinking about this too much! Phone Post 3.0

I'm a long time Eagle fan who also has a current bet active on the Eagles tonight -1/2, as the 2nd part of a 7 pt tease with GB. Also had 2 units on the Packers straight. May lay the 7 for an additional half unit on Philly. We'll see.

The Birds have won 8 straight regular season games at home after starting somewhat sluggishly under Kelly last year, losing their first 4 played at the Linc. These 8 wins are also split by a playoff loss to the Saints.

The Panthers aren't a good team this year. Defense has deteriorated significantly with loss of Hardy and others. They've lost 3 straight and a tie before that. A tie FFS. However, they are off extra rest and might be hungry after shitting the bed for a few games, especially Cam. Not to mention they play in the worst division in football. They'll be in first place if they win tonight despite being under .500 for the season.

Still, I have trouble seeing that happen. With the exception of a turnover implosion, there's only one way I see Carolina winning. The loss of ILB Ryans will start to show eventually for Philly. Casey Mathews does not give me much confidence setting the defense and other teams should be able to exploit him in pass coverage and run defense. Perhaps the Panthers are able to run down their throat and Olden will have a big game. However, I only think it will be enough to keep it close.

The Eagles are the better team. More talent and a better coach. Plus they're getting 2 starters back tonight, Nate Allen and Evan Mathis. Allen might not matter, but Mathis an all-pro at LG, should help solidify their O-line without Herremans. Sanchez gets a full week of reps as the #1 and Ertz, McCoy, and Sproles are match-up nightmares.

The Panthers have lost their last 3 primetime games by exactly 18 points each. Philly is getting better by the game and Carolina is getting worse.

Vegas is telling you what to do as well. 7 points is 4 more than the home field advantage itself. As my grandfather used to tell me, KISS- keep it simple, stupid. Don't out-kick your coverage.

Eagles win 31-27