Monson-Fedor reportedly draws 7.5 million viewers

http://mma.sbnation.com/2011/11/29/2597069/m-1-global-fedor-vs-monson-ratings-mma-news

collective numbers

dbl post

4.9 million Russian viewers witnessed the event live on Rossiya-2

Still, even 4.9 million is nothing to be sad about.

and

22,153 spectators to the sold-out Olympic Sports Arena,

setting a new European MMA attendance record in the process.

ok and out of those 7.5 million viewers how many of them were pay per view buys?

on free tv^

LOL @ the source for this article being some other website that's quoting M-1's own press release.

The UFC does 20 mill in mexico and 30 mill in brazil lol

teke213 -  ok and out of those 7.5 million viewers how many of them were pay per view buys?

PPV is a US / Cananda thing.

Europeans don't PPV for sports, not even for the UFC

Auzzie - And who cares? M1 will still never accomplish anything significant in MMA. Sure, they have viewers in Russia and some in Europe, but once the UFC penetrates deeper into that market like I penetrated this thread, M1 will be finished and forced to quit, just like Fedor was forced to quit against Big Foot.

m-1 does very on the scale they operate on, they aren't going anywhere.

(Though I agree they will never be relivent on a US scale)

AlexanderTheGreatJJ - 

Wow, glad to say I wasn't one of them

Do you realize your posting on a mma messageboard?

This place is pathetic with the people that post here and root for mma events to fail/not do well.

Auzzie - And who cares? M1 will still never accomplish anything significant in MMA. Sure, they have viewers in Russia and some in Europe, but once the UFC penetrates deeper into that market like I penetrated this thread, M1 will be finished and forced to quit, just like Fedor was forced to quit against Big Foot.

lol jesus, only on the UG folks!

This is great news for world MMA. In the last two years M-1 and other Russian promotions have become nationally televised programs on Russia 2, but this was the first real "event level" show that aired on the platform. It could prove to have a TUF-like cultural and economic effect on MMA in the region (I mean that in a good way, lol)

smoogy - 

This is great news for world MMA. In the last two years M-1 and other Russian promotions have become nationally televised programs on Russia 2, but this was the first real "event level" show that aired on the platform.

Only on the UG could a bunch of 11'ers make this into a bad thing.

xcouturefan - 
AlexanderTheGreatJJ - 

Wow, glad to say I wasn't one of them

Do you realize your posting on a mma messageboard?

This place is pathetic with the people that post here and root for mma events to fail/not do well.

Agree.

12SixElbow -
teke213 -  ok and out of those 7.5 million viewers how many of them were pay per view buys?

Not strictly true they have for years for big boxing events. Phone Post

im still curious tho as to how many us customers actually paid for the 5 am ppv or whatever it was. i couldnt imagine that they had very many buys at all.

smiter - 
12SixElbow -

Not true.

PPV is new to Europe and is only in a handful of markets.

They watch big boxing events for free.

Just the same as they watch the UFC for free.

"And who cares? M1 will still never accomplish anything significant in MMA. Sure, they have viewers in Russia and some in Europe, but once the UFC penetrates deeper into that market like I penetrated this thread, M1 will be finished and forced to quit, just like Fedor was forced to quit against Big Foot."

Youre just lost, arent you?

12SixElbow -
smiter - 
12SixElbow -

Not true.

We do? Shit man, I must have missed tyst Phone Post

Jumkah - 
12SixElbow -
smiter - 
12SixElbow -

Not true.

We do? Shit man, I must have missed tyst Phone Post

If you're buying PPV's and in Europe you're in the UK?