Monson Speaks Out About Arnolds !!

Jeff Monson Asked That I Post This:

although my match and the match between pe de pano and wade rome was at the center of the controversy at the arnold's i think it is important to come forward and say that the grappling community as a whole was wronged by relson gracie and his reoccuring unfairness and money mongering year after year at the arnolds.

relson gracie gives grappling a bad name, is a disgrace to the gracie family, and continually brings out the worst in everyone he deals with. it is not fair to start a brazilian vs. american war or even say the gracies are not fair. i recently competed in the rorion submission tournament in california and although the rules were geared for a guard player everyone was treated with the utmost respect. toward the end of a match between me and rorion's own son there was a dispute that could have given the match to renner. rorion stepped in, restarted the position and said,"let the competitors decide it on the mat." a class act and also fair to the those competing.

when people travel from all over the country and pay $100 a pop to compete in the arnolds, relson owes them 2 things: a smoothly run tournament and fairness. he continually uses the same hall although the tournament has long outgrown it resulting in lines of 30-70 people waiting to get in because the fair marshall wouldn't let anyone else go in. relson is interested in making money, not about the spectators and certainly not about the competitors. this is not an opinion. this is a fact based soley on relson's own actions.

unfortunately, relson hides behind his gracie name and no one has the fortitude to come forward and tell him to 'fuck off'. he hurts the sport but because of his name and sponsorships he has the means to greatly promote it. however, as i stated he cares more about himself than others or the sport itself.

during my match relson had the opportunity to be fair but chose otherwise. a woman (whose name i do not know) was taping the fights and doing some documentary on the pro competitors, taped the morning rules meeting and offered to show on her camcorder the part where relson said and showed it was o.k. using the canopener to open the guard. he refused saying "i know the rules to my own tournament." during the melee several competitors pointed out to relson the rules meeting where he had discussed this but he retorted, "are you calling me a liar?!"

even after the tournament director john cooper announced 2x over the loud speaker the match would be restarted, relson buckled under pe de pano's threats of boycotting the tournament and told the ref to announce pe de pano the winner. this of course was after wade took down pe de pano but was not awarded points. as a slap in the face, relson later told wade that he thought wade won the match. why didn't he step in during that match?

pe de pano and i split the 1st and 2nd place money. this was not due to anything that happened in the match. this was agreed upon before the match between me and pe de pano regardless of the outcome and to his credit he was true to his word. although i don't agree with his action of not continuing to fight i don't blame pe de pano.

relson held the power to make the decisions not pe de pano or anyone else. i regret i took down the ref ; although for not standing up for what he thought (he said several times the match should continue) he should be held accountable as well. i wish instead that i punched relson right in his lying mouth. if certain competitors don't like getting their neck cranked on and don't want to be in a tough match then i suggest they sign up for the arnold women's table tennis tournament they hold downstairs from the grappling.

finally, i would like to thank my ATT team and coaches for the great training but especially the continued support.

Jeff Monson

Classy post. ttt for a little justice

thanks for the post, Wade.

Hope you guys don't mind, I'm just gonna fix the readability so people won't bitch.

Although my match and the match between Pe De Pano and Wade Rome was at the center of the controversy at the Arnold's, I think it is important to come forward and say that the grappling community as a whole was wronged by Relson Gracie and his reoccuring unfairness and money mongering year after year at the arnolds.Relson Gracie gives grappling a bad name, is a disgrace to the Gracie family, and continually brings out the worst in everyone he deals with. It is not fair to start a Brazilian vs. American war or even say the Gracies are not fair. I recently competed in the Rorion Submission tournament in California and although the rules were geared for a guard player everyone was treated with the utmost respect. Toward the end of a match between me and rorion's own son there was a dispute that could have given the match to Renner, Rorion stepped in, restarted the position and said, "let the competitors decide it on the mat." A class act and also fair to the those competing. When people travel from all over the country and pay $100 a pop to compete in the Arnolds, Relson owes them 2 things: a smoothly run tournament and fairness. He continually uses the same hall although the tournament has long outgrown it resulting in lines of 30-70 people waiting to get in because the fire marshall wouldn't let anyone else go in. Relson is interested in making money, not about the spectators and certainly not about the competitors. This is not an opinion, this is a fact based soley on relson's own actions. Unfortunately, Relson hides behind his Gracie name and no one has the fortitude to come forward and tell him to 'fuck off'. He hurts the sport but because of his name and sponsorships he has the means to greatly promote it. However, as I stated he cares more about himself than others or the sport itself. During my match relson had the opportunity to be fair but chose otherwise. a woman (whose name i do not know) was taping the fights and doing some documentary on the pro competitors, taped the morning rules meeting and offered to show on her camcorder the part where relson said and showed it was o.k. using the canopener to open the guard. He refused saying "i know the rules to my own tournament." During the melee several competitors pointed out to Relson the rules meeting where he had discussed this but he retorted, "are you calling me a liar?!" Even after the tournament director John Cooper announced 2x over the loud speaker the match would be restarted, Relson buckled under pe de pano's threats of boycotting the tournament and told the ref to announce Pe De Pano the winner. This of course was after Wade took down Pe De Pano but was not awarded points. As a slap in the face, Relson later told wade that he thought Wade won the match. why didn't he step in during that match? Pe De Pano and I split the 1st and 2nd place money. This was not due to anything that happened in the match. This was agreed upon before the match between me and pe de pano regardless of the outcome and to his credit he was true to his word. Although i don't agree with his action of not continuing to fight i don't blame Pe De Pano. relson held the power to make the decisions not Pe De Pano or anyone else. I regret I took down the ref ; although for not standing up for what he thought (he said several times the match should continue) he should be held accountable as well. I wish instead that I punched relson right in his lying mouth. If certain competitors don't like getting their neck cranked on and don't want to be in a tough match then I suggest they sign up for the arnold women's table tennis tournament they hold downstairs from the grappling. Finally, I would like to thank my ATT team and coaches for the great training but especially the continued support. Jeff Monson

ALL CLASS (Monson I mean)

"i wish instead that i punched relson right in his lying mouth."

YES THAT'S AWESOME!

On a side note, under Relson Gracie's direction, Jeff was not awarded the takedown on any of those eight people.

Wade Rome

I'm glad he said something so quickly. That helps everyone get an understanding from his point of view.

Very well put . I do not agree with you wanting to punch Relson though. You scted like a man while Pede pano acted like a little baby and crying about the match being restarted which it should have been!!! The women with the recorder was from Bad Breed T.V. and you can contact them through their web site. I myself put alot of work in the tournament but had no input of reffing or making a call ! It seems maybe the Arnolds pro should be all submissions allowed and that would sove the problems right? I was sitting next to Relson when you askeed him to restart the match atleast you acted professional and like a man and should be proud u keep your calm that long! I hope you ask Leo Dalla for his reason for the call and maybe that will get posted

a punch to relson might have been best but a takedown on the ref is still an improvement over getting naked

why can't somebody get a copy of the tape that lady has of the rules meeting and post it here for everybody to see for themselves? that should put an end to all the he said she said B.S.

Jimmy is right. At least the Little Monson didn't make an appearance

lol at 16+ points

I hope for the children competitor's sake...they were oblivious to all the b.s. I feel sorry for the parents who take their children to jiujitsu and then witness this type of mess.

The children are the future of this sport and we need to set the bar high as far as sportsmanship, class..etc. As competitors and trainers we need to remember we are being watched.

That includes promoters.

Brian,

Did you give up on the other thread ? Did you take enough of an ass beating there (see PROBLEM AT ARNOLDS)that you have run to this one and are now singing a different tune ? Where is your "spin doctor" bullshit on this thread.

You are a pathetic fuck. Go finish stroking Relson and Cooper off, they are getting impatient.

Wade Rome
THE TRUE ARNOLD CLASSIC CHAMP AND WINNER OVER PE DE PANO BY A SCORE OF 4 TO 0 AND TOTALLY KICKING YOUR ASS ON THIS THREAD AS WELL AS ANY OTHER ONE YOU POST ON BECAUSE YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM ME BITCH.

ALL CLASS (Monson I mean)

Jeff attacks a referee and we compliment him on his class???

Am I missing something to this story?

well said jeff

nhbphotographer.. luckily everything was delayed so bad that all of the "b.s" (to steal your terms, toke place after 9pm Sunday night.. well after all of the children competitors, most of the amatuer competitors and the majority of the fans had left.. A few die hard fans.. some pro fighters and their teammates, the event officials and refs were about all that was left to witness it.

Man, I hope you post on here more often Wade. That's some funny shit... In a serious situation.

TTT for Jeff and Wade...