Moon Knight Vs Night Wing

Sure his design is another knock off batman archetype but that's pretty much were the comparisons end. He is not close to the batman level approach of strategic combat. Almost no one is.

re: strategic combat aspect - Midnighter? or is he a meta-human and we are talking only non-metas?

round of vu's!

MarkRobinson - 
Wahlau - IMO Moon Knight is Marvel's Batman, except that Marvel did not want him to be a POS like Batman

I love Moonknight (especially after Ellis' run) but I don't see the Batman comparisons holding much water/

Sure his design is another knock off batman archetype but that's pretty much were the comparisons end. He is not close to the batman level approach of strategic combat. Almost no one is.

Nightwing is as close as you get to being batman as anyone can get to.

Is there anyone that thinks Moonknight beats batman in a random encounter? I doubt it. I hope not.

For me this conversation shows the accumulative effect of Nightwing being shit on for far too long.

fans are underwriting him because he's been shit on so much. Nightwing is a beast.

Batman, Daredevil and Nightwing all take down Moonknight. Phone Post 3.0

Moon Knight is the only 616 universe Marvel character who has no powers, trained himself to be good in combat, has his own Moon weapons and vehicles, independently wealthy (or at least used to be).

Batman has only been "I'm Batman" undefeatable for the last few decades. He has to be in the DC universe to compare with the ridiculous overpowered JLA he is compared with. The Batman of yesteryear was no great shakes.

Same goes for Robin/Nightwing

I would put my money on any incarnation of Moon Knight against the Superfriends version of Batman.

Still think you're reaching. One, batman didn't train himself and two, he's not independently wealthy.

Just because Moonknight has moon shaped shurikens does not put him close to post crisis batman level.

hell, I think Punisher takes Moonknight. Phone Post 3.0

SHURIKENS!!!!!!!!!!!

Punisher definately takes moon knight, people are always underplaying his martial arts skills and special forces training,however it would be difficult having no prep time.<br />But Moonie does have skills and a punisher like resistance to pain. I can see him hanging in there with Nightwing for a while...Then losing. Be a cool fight though...dirty tricks from his merc days vs a younger and faster Grayson.

MarkRobinson - Still think you're reaching. One, batman didn't train himself and two, he's not independently wealthy.

Just because Moonknight has moon shaped shurikens does not put him close to post crisis batman level.

When I said trained himself, I meant he paid for his own training. As in opposed to "trained by the army".

In the old Superfriends cartoons, the Superfriends will fly in, incapacitate the villians, while Batman and Robin will swing in and knock out villians with batarangs that somehow Superman, with all his powers (or maybe out of pity), missed.

That made him redundant and extremely lame. Thats why from the 80s onwards, they have to give him "prep time", and all the other nonsense that made him undefeatable.

He even now has enough willpower (in Elseworlds universes or otherwise), to overpower Green Lantern's will, defeat Darkseid, travel through time (or whatever that was about) etc etc. Ridiculous for someone who cannot even defeat a few clownish lunatics in Gotham.

In a more realistic universe, Punisher takes Moonknight, Batman and Nightwing simultaneously.

Moon knight was a marine, C.I.A. operative, pro boxer and mercenary. This training suggests that he should be very similar to the punisher in training, along with superhuman strength, super reflexes and endurance he should definitely be able to make this at least a closer fight than most of you guys are thinking.

Bat Wing Shows up and kills both for shits and gigs.

Wahlau - 
MarkRobinson - Still think you're reaching. One, batman didn't train himself and two, he's not independently wealthy.

When I said trained himself, I meant he paid for his own training. As in opposed to "trained by the army".

In the old Superfriends cartoons, the Superfriends will fly in, incapacitate the villians, while Batman and Robin will swing in and knock out villians with batarangs that somehow Superman, with all his powers (or maybe out of pity), missed.

That made him redundant and extremely lame. Thats why from the 80s onwards, they have to give him "prep time", and all the other nonsense that made him undefeatable.

He even now has enough willpower (in Elseworlds universes or otherwise), to overpower Green Lantern's will, defeat Darkseid, travel through time (or whatever that was about) etc etc. Ridiculous for someone who cannot even defeat a few clownish lunatics in Gotham.

In a more realistic universe, Punisher takes Moonknight, Batman and Nightwing simultaneously.

And I stopped reading at "in the old Superfriends cartoons".  The Superfriends cartoons are about as relevant in this discussion as the howling of a drunken tree sloth.

The cartoons, any DC cartoon or film or live action tv show, aren't canon.  The comic books are canon.

granted i've not watched all the DCU cartoons or read all the DCU comics, but Justice League = no? Batman the Animated Series = no?

Thought they were faithful?

Stickgrappler - granted i've not watched all the DCU cartoons or read all the DCU comics, but Justice League = no? Batman the Animated Series = no?

Thought they were faithful?

The storylines were pretty good (and some were based on classic comic stories), but DC tends to treat super-powers as plot points.  In other words, badguy can punch WW across the room during act 1 or act 2, but when act 3 comes around, WW is suddenly strong enough to punch the badguy to Jupiter.

ah, gotcha

thx!

paw - 
Wahlau - 

And I stopped reading at "in the old Superfriends cartoons".  The Superfriends cartoons are about as relevant in this discussion as the howling of a drunken tree sloth.

The cartoons, any DC cartoon or film or live action tv show, aren't canon.  The comic books are canon.

If not the Superfriends version, take the Golden, Silver or Bronze age Batman. All were lame too.

Its only in the modern age that suddenly he outsmarts everyone in the DC universe, and has more willpower than anyone in existence. The ultimate Mary Sue character with undefeatable POS powers.

I think you have a point about the modern batman being likened to some unbeatable batgod.

However, that view point has really only been perpetuated by filthy casuals and blind fanboy love.

people who like to throw around the phrase "two weeks prep time" are way off. Just about as off as a fanboy saying "hulk is the strongest there is".

Its a statement for filthy casuals. Lol

Morrisons JLA batman is probably as close as we get to batgod. And that's a fairly short run in the scope of modern comics.

Like it or not, Batman is much more than a man in a suit. He's got feats to show he's much more formidable than even a guy backed by a moon god, that blocks punches with his face. Phone Post 3.0

SPOILER FOR INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US!!!!!!!!!

Nightwing gets killed by fucking Damian. The worst of all comic characters. Moon Knight would throttle him.

MarkRobinson - I think you have a point about the modern batman being likened to some unbeatable batgod.

However, that view point has really only been perpetuated by filthy casuals and blind fanboy love.

people who like to throw around the phrase "two weeks prep time" are way off. Just about as off as a fanboy saying "hulk is the strongest there is".

Morrisons JLA batman is probably as close as we get to batgod. And that's a fairly short run in the scope of modern comics.

Like it or not, Batman is much more than a man in a suit. He's got feats to show he's much more formidable than even a guy backed by a moon god, that blocks punches with his face. Phone Post 3.0

LOL@ Hulk not being strongest there is

Do you even read comics bro?

Theon's Sausage - SPOILER FOR INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US!!!!!!!!!

Nightwing gets killed by fucking Damian. The worst of all comic characters. Moon Knight would throttle him.

What part of not in continuity is so difficult to understand?  I'm starting to think that Moon Knight fans, much like the character they adore, are nuts.

Nightwing all day, every day by any way he wants. 

Theon's Sausage - 
MarkRobinson - I think you have a point about the modern batman being likened to some unbeatable batgod.

LOL@ Hulk not being strongest there is

Do you even read comics bro?

...and you just proved his point.

MarkRobinson - 1

Theon's Sausage - nil

;)

paw -
Wampa_Stompah - MK, no powers trained guys like Nightwing are his specialty and who he was specifically written to beat.

Unless he goes on a monologue NW is not going to know his powerset and his ability to adapt to any fighting style. Idk how NW wins this... Phone Post 3.0

Golly....I don't know how either.  I mean, Nightwing is only a better athlete, who's been a crime-fighter for much, much, much longer than Moon Knight, is the second best detective in the DCU, one of the best fighters in the DCU, has more experience than Moon Knight and...you know, isn't bat s#it crazy like Moon Knight.

Yeah....how can a guy who has every advantage win?

I'm picking Nightwing all day here, but he's not the second beat detective in the Bat-family, forget about the DCU as a whole.

Tim is a better detective. Phone Post 3.0