More BS stories....

Heyv repbraga, where do you train, you sound kinda familiar.

About the pronunciation of "vale tudo", here's a little something I put together featuring everyone's favorite ugly fighter. If it doesn't play right away, click "ejecutar". Here's the url:

http://spanishveepers.budweiser.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=A1241FA2-38B1-11D8-9743-93801D9ED7CE

someone please turn it into a link.

I was traveling through Spring, TX on CHristmas going to the family's house. In a 7 mile span on one road, I crossed 3 world champion schools (tkd/karate). They had it prominently planted on their signs.

I live in Houston (Spring, TX is north Houston) and I can confirm all those world champion TKD and karate schools, and I believe there's a WC school up there as well. And they really do produce world champions, if you like forms and wu shu and board breaking and standing in rows punching the air in unison while chanting "Ki-yaaah!". Very intimidating stuff...

I know a guy who lives close to me who is always going on about Kenpo and how his techniques as a 4th degree black belt are too deadly so he and I can never get into the ring and scrap because he doesn't want to kill me. I told him I'd take the chance but he says he doesn't want to go to jail for manslaughter.

This is the same guy who says that Judo is a sport and can't ever come close to self defense like Kenpo. He says training in Judo and facing a Kenpoists is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Basically he's a tool who talks but is NEVER on the floor due to "injuries."

I have a friend that claims he is 1-1 in the UFC and says he has over 150 mma fights

quit lying clayton, we know you dont have any friends. j/k, lil buddy.

Anyone can beat a Gracie. Just ask UG member "El Guapo."

I love this story. Eons ago I saw this guy standing in line at the GROCERY STORE in a black gi and his 2 kids. Think 80s hair perm, glasses, less than intimidating. I got in line behind him then asked him what he does. Tang Soo Do the cretin uttered with some pride. I told him I had done a couple yrs of TKD. He looks at me thoughtfully "I really have to think that after comparing them that Tang Soo Do is the superior art."

Tool.

me too. I can imagine the coversation as follows:

random poster: Yeah, I met this short guy in a bar, really, really good looking guy. He walks over to the bar, throws a thousand bucks on the counter and says "Drinks on the house!" then he turned, winked at me and said, "I just made that money winning my 87th UFC."

matrat77: I train at Wander Braga's

I don't know where you guys meet these people. I have never had anybody tell me these kind of wild ass lies (like "I was in the UFC and beat Royce Gracie, etc")

I met a guy at a party who saw my ufc shirt and told me how he's fought and won in several UFC events back when it was just beginning. Having all the tapes, I knew he was lying (he would've only been like 15 at the time anyway), so I asked him if he was sure it was the UFC and he said yes. Then I asked him which UFCs he fought in and i'd run home and get my tapes so we could all watch his fights. He stood there like an idiot for a minute and then told me it actually wasn't UFC, it was another event.

Dumbass.

Oh there's a good one here in Austin. Apparently the local Tukong Moosul instructor (Wonik Yi) tells his students that he is a K-1 champion, has beaten several heavyweight K-1 and Muay Thai fighters before, and has even been turned down for the UFC because he is too deadly and it would not be exciting to watch. His students follow him with cult-like devotion and lap up the bullshit with a smile. About 3 different people have told me about these claims and its hard to believe his students just go along with it.

This same fool declares in the yellow pages that he was a trainer to Korean special forces and that he helped develop their martial arts.

Then there was the guy 2 years ago that my ex-boss at Tivoli Systems here in town, Jamie, told me about at a party for the Electronic Frontier Foundation... apparently some guy working for her (she was a sales engineer manager) at her new job who is a real gym rat, always carrying around protein shakes, claimed that he was an ultimate fighter and fought all around Texas in big and small events, some underground. Finding this peculiar I asked her some particulars and from the details the guy gave her he's full of shit... so I tell her to tell him that I'm involved with the sport and I dont know who he is and that he is full of crap, and here's my card, if he has issue with that statement he is free to contact me directly (of course I've had about 3 drinks before saying this)...to this day he has yet to call me.

Or, in Miami where my parents are, the nearby ATA Taekwondo school about 1 mile away from them in Kendall is now a Krav Maga training center too. Checked it out and I was told that Krav Maga combined with TKD would make you a fighting machine that would demolish "ultimate fighters" with ease. Lovely.

There is a judo school here in my town, and the instructor claims to be a bronze medalist in the 1964 Olympics, he even has it in his phone book advertisement. Me and a couple of the other guys who used to train there researched it and he was never in the Olympics. He even claims to have taught judo to the Gracies when he was in Brazil, specifically Relson, which I seriously doubt.

When I was 17, I was in the midst of studying Karate. I shared this with a guy I worked with at a department store. He told me of a story where a "friend" of his, who of course was a "Master of Kung Fu", had a fight at a bar, where he exploded a side kick "thru" some guy's chest ! He was dead serious. I was like "O.K." so much for this conversation.

lol @ these stories

i know a guy who said hes got 4 black belts and beats people to death sometimes. i grappled him 6 years b4 i had any training- or had seen bjj- and caught him in a wierd arm lock which i invented on the spot.

I love this thread.

I've had a few run ins but nothing compared to some of these stories. I'd enjoy catching someone in a blatant lie at a social gathering though.