More clothing sponsors added to UFC’s banned list

Guess the Fertittas aren't doing well enough, sorry fighters. 

this is why i get pissed at everyone that talks shit about other fight organizations!

war strikeforce, affliction, and all the regional shows

Its only a matter of time before a better promotion gets more exposure and eats away at their profits. When?

I want fighters to make money.  And I advertise.  But I hate the NASCAR vibe that the fighters and UFC have right now.  You have a guy with condomdepot.com shorts, throwing a right cross on a huge burger king logo, while Goldberg (instead of commentating on the fight) is pimping some bullshit video game.  All on a PPV that I've already paid 50 bucks for.

Its hard to respect the UFC with moves like this that fuck over their fighters.

UFC=Scum bag, swindler, pimps

The companies can still sponsor fighters and use them in their marketing (seminars, magazine and T.V. adds, radio spots etc...), you just won't see the NASCAR looking shorts.  I really don't see this as a huge problem.

*edited for typo

cameltoenail -  The companies can still sponsor fighters and use them in their marketing (seminars, magazine and T.V. adds, radio spots etc...), you just won't see the NASCAR looking shorts.  I really don't see this as a huge problem.

*edited for typo

For many fighters, they aren't big enough names to do magazine shoots and how in the hell are they going to get sponsors for doing radio spots?  Just for saying at the end of the interview, "I want to thank my sponsors Condom Depot...." 

cameltoenail -  The companies can still sponsor fighters and use them in their marketing (seminars, magazine and T.V. adds, radio spots etc...), you just won't see the NASCAR looking shorts.  I really don't see this as a huge problem.

*edited for typo

Advertisers will pay LESS to sponsor fighters who don't get their product exposure on the UFC shows.  Michael Jordan can go on national TV and pimp gatorade or hanes t-shirts because the NBA is higher profile than UFC.  A guy on the UFC undercard who is totally unknown and got 5k to wear some logo on his shorts can't get the company exposure in any other way.

THAT BEING SAID, I don't think the UFC has a right to "benefit" their fighters.  As a fan, I hate the ad bonaza in UFC as explained in my earlier post.

I hate to say it, but if this is just for UFC 100.....the card isn't even THAT good.  (waits to be flamed)

All professional sports organizations have say in and deny sponsorship arrangements.

Remember, the UFC does have SOME argument here.  They are the platform.  The fighter brings something to the table (talent, charisma, skill) that helps the sponsor...but the promotion brings something which is the platform to sell.  They build their brand and gain an audience based on their own marketing..why should they give away advertising for free?

The flipside here is, pay your fighters enough that they don't need effing tire barn or condomdepot on their shorts.  It's pretty lame to have small sponsors like that on "the world's biggest sport" because fighters need a few hundred bucks to eat before a fight.  UFC could solve this problem by giving everyone HUGE pay increases as an offset to the sponsorship thing.

koreviewz -

To be fair, it shouldn't be that big of an issue.  NBA players can't pimp brands all over their jerseys.  NFL players can't even drink anything besides Gatorade on the sidelines.  I think sponsors can still sponsor fighters and use the exposure from the fighter to make money.  I've watched the UFC since i purchased UFC 1 on PPV and I've never purchased something because a fighte

That's not exactly true.

NBA players can their sponsored Sneakers and basketball shoes.

In individual sports which are even more comparable to the UFC:
Tennis players can wear their sponsred shorts and shoes. Golfers can wear their own hats, shirts, pants, shoes, golf clubs.

BruceLeeMMAfighting - 
koreviewz -

To be fair, it shouldn't be that big of an issue.  NBA players can't pimp brands all over their jerseys.  NFL players can't even drink anything besides Gatorade on the sidelines.  I think sponsors can still sponsor fighters and use the exposure from the fighter to make money.  I've watched the UFC since i purchased UFC 1 on PPV and I've never purchased something because a fighte

That's not exactly true.

NBA players can their sponsored Sneakers and basketball shoes.

In individual sports which are even more comparable to the UFC:

Tennis players can wear their sponsred shorts and shoes. Golfers can wear their own hats, shirts, pants, shoes, golf clubs.

True.  But they can't go all nascar on their clothing.

wow- especially for the guys on the undercard, who probably aren't making much money as it is 

koreviewz - You have a guy with condomdepot.com shorts, throwing a right cross on a huge burger king logo, while Goldberg (instead of commentating on the fight) is pimping some bullshit video game.  All on a PPV that I've already paid 50 bucks for.

well said

This is pretty much why NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Tennis, etc have Players Unions. Because then alot of the licensing stuff gets negotiated between the players and the league.

scumbags

this seems very unfair.

Isn't possible that this is just for UFC 100? The vegas

hotel doesn't want the poker sites as they are competition.

UFC 100 is going to be huge event so why not get the most

out of your product? All you blue namers must not own

companies and not know what it's like for your

CFO, marketing, lawyers etc to come up with more ways to

increase profit. The fighters will still make money as the

sponsors will still pay them but now have to pay UFC as

well. How are fighters going to make less? Prove it.

FONS - Isn't possible that this is just for UFC 100? The vegas

You seem to act like you know about business.  So why would a company pay a fighter to NOT promote their product on PPV?

FONS - Isn't possible that this is just for UFC 100? The vegas

Lets see here, a sponsor has to pay an extra 100 grand. So obviously there will be fewer companies offering sponsorships. These companies have a budget for this sort of thing, and you just took out 100 grand from that budget. You think they will be paying the fighters as much? Not likely, and the fighters will take the cut too since it will be much harder to find sponsors. Ill prove it by waiting till after UFC 100 and letting the fighters speak for themselves.

Honestly I wouldnt have a problem with this if I thought that the fighters would receive some sort of cut from this new fee, to offset the loss in sponsorship dollars, but we all know how likely that is. Really sucks for those undercard fighters especially.