More fights added to UFC on Fox 5

Up-to-the-minute news about UFC on FOX 5, taking place on December 8th in Seattle, Washington.

UFC on FOX 5's stacked card has added even more star power, with heavyweight power punchers Lavar "Big" Johnson and Brendan "The Hybrid" Schaub verbally agreeing to fight December 8 in Seattle, Washington.

Verbals are also in for two of the most exciting fighters in the welterweight division to meet as Matt "The Immortal" Brown takes on Mike "Quick" Swick at that event.

In addition, two lightweight bouts originally booked for the cancelled UFC 151 have been bumped to the Seattle date: Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez and Tim Means vs. Abel Trujillo.

UFC on FOX 5 Location, Lightweight Bout Announced
updated August 21

The December UFC on FOX 5 event announced last week, which is set to feature a lightweight title fight between champion Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz, now has a confirmed venue. The December 8 televised event will take place December 8 at Seattle's Key Arena.

The news was first reported on FUEL TV's UFC Tonight.

Update:
A lightweight battle between Ultimate Fighter competitors has been verbally agreed to as TUF Live’s Joe Proctor will meet season 13 finalist Ramsey Nijem.

Henderson vs. Diaz to Headline UFC on FOX event in December updated August 15

December 8th's UFC on FOX event is shaping up to possibly be the best yet, as a lightweight championship bout between Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz headlines, supported by a light heavyweight showdown between Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Alexander Gustafsson, and the rescheduled welterweight bout between BJ Penn and Rory MacDonald.

This card is ridiculously stacked

Really looking forward to Brown/Swick!

Wow Phone Post

Schaub is getting KTFO!!!! Phone Post

Jesus Christ this card fuckin rules Phone Post

Geeeez. I'm guessing Johnson/Schaub is the 4th televised fight? Phone Post

This is what a ppv card that could lose the main event and still survive would potentially look like. Phone Post

LEKS - 

Where's the gif of rothwell looking like a maniac bouncing around before the fight? Phone Post

Swick/Brown is the worst type of fight imaginable........... I love both fighters and someone is prob getting KTFO! :(

BBQ@bendos - Really looking forward to Brown/Swick!

Lahzerous - Swick/Brown is the worst type of fight imaginable........... I love both fighters and someone is prob getting KTFO! :( 
What these two said.

putting Swick/Brown on the main card would be a good idea

caposa -  putting Swick/Brown on the main card would be a good idea

Fox viewers will def tune in to see Swick again

im flying out to Seattle for this. so pumped for this card!

LEKS - 
BBQ@bendos -
LEKS -  Where's the gif of rothwell looking like a maniac bouncing around before the fight? Phone Post

You sir, are my hero. 1 Phone Post

It is a pretty awesome gif lol

BBQ@bendos - Really looking forward to Brown/Swick!

This is confirmed to be the 4th main card fight. Awesome!