More in the Hollaback vein

Have any of you seen this yet :https://medium.com/human-parts/a-gentlemans-guide-to-street-harassment-fbab3410b340

I've been having quite the Facebook battle with lesbian and her beta friend about it for a couple of days. I am sympathetic to women's rights, but I don;t see how anyone in their right mind can take this shit seriously.

In what world is, "Hi beautiful, have a nice day?" sexual harassment? Apparently in this one now as my 'friend' wrote: "...if I had a nickel for every time a white man told me how I should and should not feel, what is and is not flattering, which of my rights should be set aside on any given day because some man wants to say/do whatever he likes to me, I might actually be paid as much as men are!!".

WTF?

My favorite part of the article they are both defending as gospel was this:

"7. Don’t speak to a woman in public … unless she speaks to you"

Right. Got it. I should not speak unless spoken to. Welcome to new home of the free.

Sometimes women forget they're actually cunts, even though they never stop reminding everyone else. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - Sometimes women forget they're actually cunts, even though they never stop reminding everyone else. Phone Post 3.0
Church. Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - Sometimes women forget they're actually cunts, even though they never stop reminding everyone else. Phone Post 3.0
End thread Phone Post 3.0

This is a man I am proud to be acquainted with. Phone Post 3.0

The problem(s) as I see it, OP, is this....

1. You are trying to have an intelligent conversation on Facebook

2. With a woman

3. Who is a lesbian

4. and has a white knight

Ocean6 - The problem(s) as I see it, OP, is this....

2. With a woman

3. Who is a lesbian

And they're a pair of cunts. Phone Post 3.0

Ocean6 - The problem(s) as I see it, OP, is this....

2. With a woman

3. Who is a lesbian

You are 100% correct.

I'm now being taking to task for my "societal advantage" because I'm a white male. Obviously we get the world handed to us.

oioisavvy - 
Ocean6 - The problem(s) as I see it, OP, is this....

2. With a woman

3. Who is a lesbian

And they're a pair of cunts. Phone Post 3.0

Well put.

picturemonkey -
Ocean6 - The problem(s) as I see it, OP, is this....

2. With a woman

3. Who is a lesbian

You are 100% correct.

I'm now being taking to task for my "societal advantage" because I'm a white male. Obviously we get the world handed to us.
You didn't check your privilege, bro. Gotta do it. There's an app for that. Phone Post 3.0

if you haven't seen it, post that to them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2NUk5AFImw&list=PLytTJqkSQqtr7BqC1Jf4nv3g2yDfu7Xmd

Mertvaya Ruka - if you haven't seen it, post that to them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2NUk5AFImw&list=PLytTJqkSQqtr7BqC1Jf4nv3g2yDfu7Xmd

Already posted that one, here's the response I got:

"That video you shared is utter and complete idiotic nonsense, and it's hard to actually deconstruct it because it's so critically unsound, not to mention classist and racist."

An excellent point by point refutation of that video utterly destroying it!

Posted this article as well. which was totally ignored:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/30/why-im-not-buying-that-new-york-city-street-harassment-video/

It a good read, that makes a lot of sense, excerpt below:

"It takes someone with a caricature of Victorian feminine sensibilities to file “Have a nice day” under sexual harassment. Even if there are sexual undertones to wishing a beautiful woman a good day, or telling her she’s pretty, such remarks are a perfectly respectful way to show interest. She can take it or leave it, and while there are a few inevitable creeps in the video, the other 98 percent or so of the men just left it at that."

picturemonkey - 
Mertvaya Ruka - if you haven't seen it, post that to them:

Already posted that one, here's the response I got:

"That video you shared is utter and complete idiotic nonsense, and it's hard to actually deconstruct it because it's so critically unsound, not to mention classist and racist."

An excellent point by point refutation of that video utterly destroying it!

holy shit, really? then you are talking to people who have no rational sense whatsoever, they just want to be right.

/ignore

The kind of people you are dealing with have existed since the dawn of reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophist

For them, debating ideas is not about truth, it's about appearing to be right.

Granted, you calling them "sophist" is a stretch as they don't even seem to possess basic debating skills, it's the lowest of the low but that concept fits them perfectly.

Sadly, a lot of people these days are full blown sophists, it's hard to have a meaningful discussion.

Mertvaya Ruka - The kind of people you are dealing with have existed since the dawn of reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophist

For them, debating ideas is not about truth, it's about appearing to be right.

Granted, you calling them "sophist" is a stretch as they don't even seem to possess basic debating skills, it's the lowest of the low but that concept fits them perfectly.

Sadly, a lot of people these days are full blown sophists, it's hard to have a meaningful discussion.

You hit the nail right on the head. It's truly sad that so many people are with incapable of independent thought and reason.

Even if she wants to cling to this idea of harassment running rampant in the streets, at least take the time to explain how someone saying, "Have a nice day, Miss" is somehow violating any of her rights.

I also found it interesting that she called me out for being a white male and blinded by my societal advantage, yet refuses to acknowledge that street harassment is more prevalent in the lower socio-economic population. For me to say that is racist, but it's ok to tell me I am clueless because I'm white is ok.

"Otherwise, if you misread her body language, say, misinterpreting a smile for an invitation to speak to her, you run the chance of harassing her by mistake."

The guy who wrote that shit needs to be sterilized immediately Phone Post 3.0

MayorPirkle - "Otherwise, if you misread her body language, say, misinterpreting a smile for an invitation to speak to her, you run the chance of harassing her by mistake."

The guy who wrote that shit needs to be sterilized immediately Phone Post 3.0

lololol insane stuff.

Now I'm being accused of being a gun night because I believe first amendment rights should be respected. Apparently this makes me a originalist, so therefor I must also love guns.