More Legendary? Nog or Randy?

Nog Easily.

all the respect in the world for Handy, but how is this a question??

I am a fan of both and i say they are both equally legendary. Their hearts are 2 of the most proven in the sport. However, no one can overcome the odds in the sport like Randy.

Nog has been more consistent but Randy has proven us wrong so many times, its crazy.

They are both equally legendary in my books.

I was going to say what Wasa-B said.

Nog has the biggest heart in the sport. Nog gets my vote.

Nog

"
Nog has the biggest heart in the sport. Nog gets my vote.
"

yeah,
from memory i think randy tapped from strikes against Josh Barnett, cant say i remember Nog
tapping from strikes. its harsh, but we're talking about things that separate them.

b.t.w the pride music after a win was also legendary.

Nog for sure.

ok so 90% are saying Nog, will that change if Randy beats him?

Nog > Randy

Nog easily.

"ok so 90% are saying Nog, will that change if Randy beats him?"

No

so randy at 46, beating a guy who's 33, means the 33 year old is still a bigger legend than him... ok.. glad to see what im dealing with on this forum.

Whambo - so randy at 46, beating a guy who's 33, means the 33 year old is still a bigger legend than him... ok.. glad to see what im dealing with on this forum.

Despite their age, I don't believe Nog is functionally the same fighter he used to be whilst Randy still appears to be able to compete at a similar level. Regardless, Nog's accomplishments have already taken place, they won't automatically be rescinded should he lose now.

The fact Randy is 46 and competing at that level is what makes him such a legend. To say well Mino has a better record ignores the fact Mino was fighting guys like Zulu's kid, Nastula, kanehara...I could go on...Or there's guys that he shouldn't have even been fighting because they are undersized such as Henderson, Kikuta... again I could go on...

With exception of some early fights, Randy's record isn't padded at all, and as I've argued before his loss' to Barnett and Vitor shouldn't be included.

As a HW, Nog takes the nod. But Randy was always a bit small for HW, especially for his age where he wouldn't be as quick and mobile as in his youth. The fact he did what he did at both weightclasses to me makes him more impressive.

I truly believe this fight is for where they stand historically. If it's a war, an all out battle where Randy comes out on top I think it's rediculous to simple shrug it off and say well "he's not as good as when he was in Pride". Well shit, a lot of the ex pride fighters don't seem to be.

People forget too easily that before Fedor dismantled him, Nog was the consensus pick for best heavyweight ever.

Cheers

Colin

Its fine to say Nog is the 'bigger legend' but to say Randy is manufactured is just retarded.

Randy's legend is based on VICTORIES.
More than that its based on victories where he was the clear underdog and at times was publicly brought in as a big name just to fill a gap or to act as a stepping stone.
He shocked everyone multiple times.

There is absolutely nothing manufactured about it.

Couture's biggest problem is his private life and public battle with the UFC lost him a LOT of his fans.

maantren - People forget too easily that before Fedor dismantled him, Nog was the consensus pick for best heavyweight ever.

Cheers

Colin

This

caliphornia - randy has never really defended a belt at all. he just got thrown into tons of title bouts. nog actually defended his belt forever until he became almost invincible at the time. no comparison

FRAT 

Not accurate. As fucked up as it is, Nog actually lost to Fedor in his first title defense in Pride. The wins vs Schilt, Sapp, etc., were not actual title defenses.
IIRC though, he at one point held a Pride interim title, but then the following fights he won were not even for the title.
Then I believe he fought Fedor twice. Once was the NC, the second was a decision loss in a GP.
Feel free to correct me though.

Either way, I woudl say Nog is more legendary.
Has nothing to do with age.
Has to do with results and the level of competition and whether his opponants were in there prime at the time or not.

Fedor, Barnett, Schilt, Sapp, Herring, Cro cop, Werdum, Ricco were all in there prime when Nog faced them.

Also Randy shifting between LHW and HW makes it harder to gauge because outside of his fight with Van Arsdale, I dont really recall him ever having to earn a title shot. He was just kinda always near the top and had the best chance at beating someone so he was given the title fights. I have no problem with it, but it is what it is.

Also the fact that it took Nog 35 fights for him to actually be stopped is ridiculous.

Say what you want, but if Randy wins this weekend, then when people years down the line are doing threads on top fighters like they are for that boxing youtube vid, they will compare Randy and Nog. And when someone says sure Randy beat him, and he was 13 yrs older, but Nog wasn't in his prime at the time, that person will be laughed at.

Ensanity - 
sparkuri -  i'd have to listen to Joe rogan's opinion first.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

i am awaiting Mike Goldbergs analysis on the subject myself