More than 200,000 watch boxing match in Russia

According to well-known Russian manager and promoter Vladimir Hrunov, more than 200,000 people turned out to see a WBA International title fight between 26-year-old middleweight Dmitry Chudinov (10-0, 7 KO) and Jorge Navarro (12-2, 10 KO). Chudinov, in a dominant performance, won by second round KO, but the huge crowd and special circumstances of the night in Volgograd were the story.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/chavez-haugen-attendance-record-shattered-promoter-says-more-than-200000-fans-watched-boxing-match-in-volgograd-221258

"Boxing is dead."

-MMA Marks 2007

200K to see anything is nuts.

RockMeAmadeus - nothing else to look forwards to in putin's russia.

"Those fireworks are awfully colorful for my taste. Arrest those fags!" -Putin Phone Post

Boxing is reaching retarded levels of popularity in the UK, Germany, Denmark, Poland, Russia, Ukraine etc

The Olympic champions Usyk and Lomachenko just turned pro so have Luke Campbell and Anthony Joshua, along with the existing starts of course I think this will take the sport to a new realm of mainstream popularity, like the old days.

Lomachenko is making his debut on the Mayweather Alvarez card(I think) in a 10 rounder against a guy that's like 26-3 lol. Phone Post

Boxing is huge in Europe right now. It's only dead in USA because there are no great American boxers right now Phone Post

kingkoopa - 

Boxing is huge in Europe right now. It's only dead in USA because there are no great American boxers right now Phone Post

MMA Playwright -
kingkoopa -  Boxing is huge in Europe right now. It's only dead in USA because there are no great American boxers right now Phone Post

Andre Ward, Tim Bradley, etc etc... Phone Post

AllAmericanBoxing -
MMA Playwright -
kingkoopa -  Boxing is huge in Europe right now. It's only dead in USA because there are no great American boxers right now Phone Post

Andre Ward, Tim Bradley, etc etc... Phone Post

Great boxers but are these guys captivating the nation?

You need Foremans, Alis, Leonards, Hearns, Tysons etc

Floyd is keeping the home fires burning in the US but the catastrophic amateur program needs addressing. It will happen, boxing will come back in the US, big style. Just not for a while.

You can't keep feeding guys like Wilder these opponents and just hope people buy into it, it's embarrassing and you just saw what happened to Malik Scott, bad stoppage indeed but the writting was on the wall. Phone Post

The USA has so many sports and so many different superstars that not everyone can captivate the country at the same time lol. No offense but a lot of these European countries don't exactly have many options when it comes to superstar athletes to support. That's just my .02 on the situation though. I could be completely wrong. Phone Post

da fuq? Did they really roll up in a tank on stage?

AllAmericanBoxing - The USA has so many sports and so many different superstars that not everyone can captivate the country at the same time lol. No offense but a lot of these European countries don't exactly have many options when it comes to superstar athletes to support. That's just my .02 on the situation though. I could be completely wrong. Phone Post

Soccer probably gives them plenty of stars. Phone Post

Possibly. Phone Post

AllAmericanBoxing - The USA has so many sports and so many different superstars that not everyone can captivate the country at the same time lol. No offense but a lot of these European countries don't exactly have many options when it comes to superstar athletes to support. That's just my .02 on the situation though. I could be completely wrong. Phone Post

Dude that is such an ignorant thing to say. Phone Post

Frames4Life -

Dude that is such an ignorant thing to say. Phone Post

How so? Enlighten me sir. Phone Post

Dr Doom - My god the level of retardation is strong in this thread.

Did anyone read the article and not just the quote from the promoter (the fight was organised by bikies, why would they ever lie)?

First of all, 200,000 (almost certainly a completely made up number) people showed up to an open air bike show in to commemorate the battle of Stalingrad, not specifically to watch this fight, which was merely part of the nights entertainment.

If you think 1 in 5 people in the entire city of Volgograd showed up to a boxing match involving a relative no-name, I have some brownies I store in my ass I can sell you.

And no great American boxers? Retard alert.

Please somebody post pictures of Svetlana Kulakova, who also fought that night, in order to save this thread.

How dare you rain on this parade!

AllAmericanBoxing - 

"Those fireworks are awfully colorful for my taste. Arrest those fags!" -Putin Phone Post

I know about the law that was just passed,i don't think it right.

but I laughed reading that

kingkoopa - 

Huge in what part of Europe exactly? Germany and UK have the biggest market for boxing but they are far from "huge" imo.

12 -
AllAmericanBoxing - 

I know about the law that was just passed,i don't think it right.

but I laughed reading that

I try to be funny. Sometimes it works haha. Phone Post

The markets in UK, Germany, Poland and Russia are HUGE, what are you talking about? Guys in the UK without titles can do £25 million .

Look what Povetkin v Wlad is doing in Russia. Show me a fight not involving Mayweather that is doing those numbers.

Take Floyd out of the equation , I'd be interested to see how much Ward is making compared to guy like Wlad. Lol @ that.

Shall we hold Bradleys (when it's actually him drawing) numbers up next to Froch or Lebedev or Huck, lol again.

Haye v Klitschko did 50 mill in Germany.
Haye v Audley Fucking Harrison did £12 million in England, a tiny country.

So ignorant to the world outside America. Phone Post