Most Adventurous Thing You Have done?

What’s the most adventurous thing you have done up until this point of your life? And what adventurous thing do you want to accomplish before your time on this earth is complete?

I would say the most adventurous thing I have done is booked a solo plane ticket to Europe last minute. Literally, I got my first commission check at 26 years old, and a week later I’m by myself in Rome. I have done that two times so far. Lots of funny shit happened on that vacation which still makes me die laughing to this day when I think about it.

Whats next is spend some time in the mountains, maybe take a conversion van around the country. As I get older, the more I want to be in nature and in silence.

1 Like

up and moved to japan when i was in my mid 20s

1 Like

Walked into the MFS gym in 1999 when the sport was much smaller and less known, as a 145 lbs guy who worked full time and hung in there for 12 years. Very few at that time had heard of Hughes, Lawler, etc outside of that room. I had met Pat but I didn’t know anybody else there. He was so nice to me that for some reason it terrified me. I figured he would have had more of a macho/tough type attitude and he was so nice that I drove home thinking “I am going to die”. I faced those fears and had the best years of my life, and nothing since then has come remotely close to taking the place of that.

Before I die, I want to move away from here. Staying while my parents are still around though. I figured the other night I have never lived outside of about a 10 mile circle. I want to leave the whole area.

3 Likes

Fleshlight gangbang

The military was quite an adventure, but I didn't have much say in that matter. I went in right before 9/11.

Rode down a scary hill on my bike shortly after my dad took off the training wheels. I was 5 or so. I ate dirt and cried like a baby. My lip was busted and my nose wad bleeding. It hurt so bad.

Thats the last big risk i took. And im dead serious. I live in the same town i was born in. Still basically work at my first job. Still married to my first serious girlfriend. Etc.

64FordF100 - Walked into the MFS gym in 1999 when the sport was much smaller and less known, as a 145 lbs guy who worked full time and hung in there for 12 years. Very few at that time had heard of Hughes, Lawler, etc outside of that room. I had met Pat but I didn't know anybody else there. He was so nice to me that for some reason it terrified me. I figured he would have had more of a macho/tough type attitude and he was so nice that I drove home thinking "I am going to die". I faced those fears and had the best years of my life, and nothing since then has come remotely close to taking the place of that.

Before I die, I want to move away from here. Staying while my parents are still around though. I figured the other night I have never lived outside of about a 10 mile circle. I want to leave the whole area.

Kind of the same thing. Buddy and I went to Evansville in the mid-nineties to go to hook and shoot. Wanted to see Dave Menne fight because he grew up near us. Watched the fights and then introduced ourselves to Dave and asked if we could train with him. Spent the next 8-years training with him. Like you, just an amazing time of my life.

Also, went on a tour of Chernobyl a few years ago. Our tour guide let us go to the top of one of the buildings that was 11 stories. The roof felt like it was going to cave in, but we got to see the city from that view and it was very surreal and amazing.

Before all the shit went down, I was trying to talk Mrs. Moccaco into doing the Siberian railroad.

BigEyedFish -

Cool. Tell us more, please.

Tried for 3 hours to balance 3 fish on my head to beat the world record.  

nofx - 
BigEyedFish -

Cool. Tell us more, please.

Yeah, we want a thread.

I hid in the eismeer station after the last train of the day left so I could sleep on the floor and then climb out onto the glacier early enough to climb the mittellegi ridge on the eiger in one day, which I did

The honor and privilege of my life.

3 Likes

I booked plane tickets, vrbo and entry to a full Ironman in Nice, France before I knew if I could finish. I’ve only done a couple of sprints and Olympic distances at the time of booking.

Still figuring out the next crazy thing.

Fucked my own mum 

2 Likes

I lived by myself on a small, deserted island for a week (minimal supplies).  I had to catch my own food, build shelter, start fire, and even made a primitive raft.

dangerboy12 -

Rode down a scary hill on my bike shortly after my dad took off the training wheels. I was 5 or so. I ate dirt and cried like a baby. My lip was busted and my nose wad bleeding. It hurt so bad.

Thats the last big risk i took. And im dead serious. I live in the same town i was born in. Still basically work at my first job. Still married to my first serious girlfriend. Etc.

Screen name does not check out! 

I guess the most adventurous thing I’ve done is primitive camping in the desert for a week the last two years. No electricity, no running water, had to shit in a bucket on the last trip. Didn’t shower all week, and no cell reception for miles. It is a great way to unplug from society and get a nice mental recharge. Hopefully will be going out there again in September, depending on how all this Covid shit is going. 

Most adventurous thing is working for myself. Adventure I would like to accomplish is maybe getting married successfully.

1 Like

Decide before the age of 30 that I did not want to live the normal office m-f life after getting annoyed of sitting in traffic for the 1000th time and settle that this was going to be my life until I find the fake golden egg of retirement.

For my 30th birthday, I took my first solo trip and I'm turning 40 later this year and will have visited 100+ countries and every continent on Earth.  Hiking in Nepal, Cage diving with Sharks in South Africa, playing with seals in Galapagos, etc., I could go on and on.

1 Like

Jumping into shifter kart racing at 35 years old maybe? Those things are insane and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Flying out at 21 to play in the WSOP with a pocket full of cash was an adventure for sure.