Most Athletic? Where do MMA fighters rank?

^^^
well yea, but in baseball still way behind other countries.. but better than say 10 years ago or so.

Obviously hockey, and winter sports like skiing, snowboarding.. etc is what is naturally best for canadians, but I do know what you mean.

But besides Nash, NBA is still pretty small in Canadians..

"but during an actual mma match even an nfl Offensive lineman is going to beat the 30 sec mark.. and might score the KO with a jab"

You are an idiot. They couldn't run for 30 secs never mind fight. You know nothing about fighting.

Americans think the best athletes in the world all come from their major sports, sports that are not played seriously in the majority of the planet. Impressive arrogance.

NFL players are not the strongest or fastest athletes on the planet. They are a good combination of both, but the only thing they are best at is their own sport. Same as every other athlete. Fighting is the ultimate sport and always has been through history. The best fighter always has, and always will be respected. NFL is a niche sport, that will never be played at any serious level around the rest of world and has only seen major money the last 20 years or so.

MMA fghters are without question the best fighters on the planet, so who cares if some fat NFL player can jump higher? If the NFL players had focused on MMA maybe they would be some of the top fighters in the world, but they haven't and they aren't. Jumping high and running fast do not guarantee fighting success. I am sure Big baby from TUF was the most athletic guy on the show by UG poster standards, but he could never make it as a fighter. The best combine results aren't even a guarantee for success in NFL, nevermind MMA.

Hard to compare, so many athletes train specifically for their sports and so many fighters have such different training regimens, some train moderately, some much more intensely. I'm sure there are some athletes in other sports who aren't in as good shape as some fighters,and vice versa.

Hey there is alot of money in motor sport!!! so maybe Michael Schumacher with 6 months sprawl could fuck us all up.

Like I said its a stupid thread, because each man to there own!!! people must be able to figure this out in there heads.

Interest comes first everything else follows..... where the mind goes the body follows!

antonio i am not american which makes you wrong THRICE

but what if the bowlers start cyclin some MMA drugs or get whoremone enhancement therapies?

the REEM has a 200 average bowlin btw

bowlers that are cyclin MMA drugs or on Hormone enhancement therapy? or regular french fry and beer bowlers like fred flintstone?

Oklahoma Sooners running back DeMarco Murray runs a 4.4 40-yd. dash and has a 36.5 in. vertical. His thoughts about MMA training: "I've never been that tired."

With fighters like GSP, Jon Jones and Frankie Edgar, i think MMA is good. But there are too many fighters who don't take fights seriously and just go to brawl without any care for cardio, endurance, athleticism, etc.

Apples to oranges. GSP is what, 5' 10"? I bet he can dunk.

currymuncha - Until there are more black athlets in MMA as in it attracts the "top tier" blacks then it CANT be the most athletic.

thats too funny.

"Brock couldn't make the practice squad of an NFL team that would have sold millions of lesnar jerseys, and made fortunes off his name. Yet he became the ufc heavyweight champ in how long? "

I cant believe people still use this ridiculous example. Do I really ahve to explain why this is dumb?

definition.....

bsrizpac - Well the becoming a UFC HEAVYWEIGHT champion in 3 fights IS a joke. No matter how much you guys want to spin it.

Sorry I had to interrupt you fagging up the thread to fix your post

Not very high overall.

These threads are so stupid

MLB, NBA, and the NFL have great athletes, no question. But so does MMA. It's a difficult argument for MMA fans to say MMA athletes are at the top of the food chain because of the structure of the sports.

MLB, NBA, and the NFL are the premiere professional leagues for their respective sports in North America. UG members criticizing MMA athletes are comparing the average MMA competitor to the premiere athletes in the other sports.

Is it fair to compare GSP, Shogun, or Cain, to a college baseball player or a minor league player and then say Baseball has crappy athletes because the younger players and minor league players aren't world class athletes yet or are on a decline.

In general the MLB, NBA, and NFL more likely have a higher percentage of competitors that are great athletes, compared to the average MMA competitor. Once again, they are the top leagues in their respective sport. But, The top MMA fighters in the big organizations are great athletes and the talent level will grow as the sport grows.

Love the rubes that are brain washed by ESPN thinking the greatest athletes are in the NFL an NBA. So tired of this stupid shit.

Josey Wales - Love the rubes that are brain washed by ESPN thinking the greatest athletes are in the NFL an NBA. So tired of this stupid shit.

Sounds like you are brainwashed by TUF noob!

Its called being "objective".