Most impressive win streaks in MMA history?

Vovchanchyn's 36-0-1nc for 96-2000 is still one of the most impressive runs in the history of the sport to me. It is a shame Igor's had to end on a night he had already had two fights while the other guy only had one fight.

Fedor's 32-0-2nc from 2000 to 2009 is up there as the best to me.

Its almost like Igor passed the torch to Fedor, as soon as Igor's dominance ended, Fedor's began.

The GSP, Anderson, Mighty Mouse, Cruz, Wanderlei and Kid Yamamoto runs are the other ones that stand out to me the most off the top of my head.

Chael Sonnen has never lost a round

1 Like

G O A T

S

P

1 Like

Aldos run was impressive 

Baraos run was impressive

1 Like
sassen - 

Aldos run was impressive 

Baraos run was impressive

Yep, Aldo’s was amazing, one of the best ever for sure.

Barao’s not too bad.

Royce also had an impressive UFC.

1 Like

Wandy in Pride

1 Like

Bas and his undefeated run to end his career.

1 Like

Filho's 16-0 start.

1 Like

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Top-Ten-MMA-Reigns-of-All-time:2512644

D241 -

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Top-Ten-MMA-Reigns-of-All-time:2512644

Thats a good list.

Torres numbers were incredible but he never had the strength of schedule of Kid Yamamoto who had less fights but beat Curran, Royler, Sudo, Uno, Miyata, Yaya, and Bibiano during his streak.

Jones run is just getting more and more impressive.

Horiguchi has just put together an impressive 14-0 streak with huge wins since the Mighty Mouse loss.

i liked rondas run. never went to decision.

1 Like

2007-2011 Hector Lombard

BJ Penn Forever - 
D241 -

Thats a good list.

Torres numbers were incredible but he never had the strength of schedule of Kid Yamamoto who had less fights but beat Curran, Royler, Sudo, Uno, Miyata, Yaya, and Bibiano during his streak.

Horiguchi has just put together an impressive 14-0 streak with huge wins since the Mighty Mouse loss.

Thanks

Good side bit information on Kid.  Good stuff.

Jones run is impressive but with the ties to peds it's hard to give him full credit.

Horiguchi has been on a tear.

I'm curious especially someone like you who has such great historical context, based on my original top ten list, where would you put:DC, Khabib, and Mighty Mouse?

ShootProod -

G O A T

S

P

Koscheck, Hughes, Serra, Fitch, BJ, Alves, Hardy, Koscheck, Shields, Condit, Diaz, Hendricks 

GSP hands down 

D241 -
BJ Penn Forever - 
D241 -

Thats a good list.

Thanks

Good side bit information on Kid.  Good stuff.

Jones run is impressive but with the ties to peds it's hard to give him full credit.

Horiguchi has been on a tear.

I'm curious especially someone like you who has such great historical context, based on my original top ten list, where would you put:DC, Khabib, and Mighty Mouse?

Based on your original top ten... man that is a tough question... where to put DC, Khabib and MM. I'm a guy who can think about the ten or twenty most impressive win streaks in MMA history as a group but to try to rank them like you did, I'd have to spend some time thinking about it and looking a records side by side.

There's no wrong answer.  Off the top of your head knowing what you saw and what you remember, who stands out as being more impressive?  Once you figure that out, share with me and then try to squeeze in where you think they'd fit in.  You might influence me(again)

Andy won 17 in a row from 2006-2012, including beating Franklin twice, Hendo, Mardquat, Maia, Sonnen twice, Forest, Vitor and even bodied a juiced up Irvin and juiced up Bonnar for the fuck of it too

Fedor's run is VERY hard to beat, look at heavyweight, most dudes can barely string together 3 wins in that abomination of a weight class, and he did it against wrestlers, bjj dudes, kickboxers, cans, giants, freaks, everything in between without slipping on a banana peel. 

Mighty mouse runs also. Alot can be said against his competition but he beat the best in the world at that weight class and made it look easy, like a pro vs an ammy. He dismantled everyone. His lost to cejudo is controversial. Only close fight i can remember was uncle creepy.