Most impressive win streaks in MMA history?

D241 -

There's no wrong answer.  Off the top of your head knowing what you saw and what you remember, who stands out as being more impressive?  Once you figure that out, share with me and then try to squeeze in where you think they'd fit in.  You might influence me(again)

Ok... DC, Khabib, Mighty Mouse...

I'm giving Mighty Mouse Cyborg's #10 spot on your list.

Khabib's run is a little more impressive than Wanderlei's to me because the talent pool is so much deeper. He is the king of the deepest division in MMA history. I'm giving Khabib Wanderlei's spot.

Hughes most impressive run to me was not his first 18-0 run but the 13-0 run he had between the Pele and BJ loses. I'm saying Mighty Mouse is tied with Hughes for 10th.

I'm giving Jones Igor's spot and moving everyone else up one spot. Igor gets Torres #9 spot.

DC did not start out beating killers but while going 15-0 he did beat Barnett, Mir, Nelson (all past their prime) and Hendo (past his prime and undersized). He then lost to Jones.

DC's 7-0-1nc stretch after the loss is most impressive, wins over Rumble 2x, Gus, Lewis, Anderson, and Stipe, man... such a great run but he did get KOed by Jones in it even if its a NC.

DC has had a great career but the thing that holds him back when ranking his undefeated streaks are the interuptions with the Jones loss and the Jones loss/nc. He also got to fight Barnett, Mir, Nelson, Anderson, and Hendo past their prime.

DC's career is great, his undefeated streaks are less impressive, I guess in my mind the 2nd Jones NC is a loss and that only gives him 3 and 4 fight wins streaks after starting 15-0.

I'll put DC tied with Igor at #9. Different types of streaks in different eras and great for different reasons.

I've also got to move Aldo up, he beat so many high ranking fighters, many still top dogs to this day. I'm putting Aldo up at #3 behind Fedor and Jones.

During his ten years undefeated Aldo beat Alexandre Nogueira, Cub, Brown, Faber, Florian, Lamas, Korean Zombie, Edgar, and Mendes 2x. Several of those guys are still top 15 fighers and some of the best to ever enter the cage at FW. Beat other tough guys during that run like Hominick and Gamburyan.

Top 10 MMA undefeated streaks of all time:

1. Fedor

2. Jones

3. Aldo

4. GSP

5. Anderson

6. Khabib

7. Shogun

8. DC and Vovchanchyn

9. Mighty Mouse and Hughes

10. Tony Ferguson

So hard to rank these undeated runs... saying Ferguson's run has been better than Wanderlei's or Kid Yamamoto's is very subjective. No way to come up with an objective list. Fan voting results on top 20 undefeated streaks in MMA history would be interesting and would depend on age and nationality of the fan. Old Japanese fan's are going to rank Kid's run much higher than Mighty Mouses for example.

Bones for me.

Anderson Silva 2006-2013 (17 wins against mostly top competition)

Didn't Leben once win like 3 UFC fights in 5 weeks, or something crazy like that? Small time window, but deserves a mention.

Chucks seven fight win streak over Monson, Randleman, Mezger, Bustamante, Suloev, Vitor and Babalu back to back that was part of a larger ten fight win streak was awesome in terms of strength of comp.

Later after some Ls he also had the seven fight win streak over Titox2, White, Randy x2, Horn and Babalu.

Man that strength of comp with 13/17 of those wins being TKO/KOs, wow.

During that second win streak, Chuck KO/TKOed 7/7.

Prime Chuck was really amazing.

Its almost impossible to streaks, balancing strength of wins and number of wins, finishes vs decisions. Very subjective.

400-0

Personally I want to say Vovchanchyn cause he is my favorite fighter, but Fedor, Aldo, GSP, And Jones are the ones that immediately come to mind

ranier wolfcastle -

i liked rondas run. never went to decision.

Same. My Judo bias is probably a big reason, but I remmeber being surprised if it went past the first round. It didn't last super long, though.

Volkanovski's 18 fight win streak is starting to look pretty impressive since he just beat Mendes, Aldo and Holloway in his last three.

Usman’s 15 fight win streak is starting to look impressive since he just beat Maia, RDA, Woodley, and Covington back to back.

How do you compare a win streak like JDS’s 9-0 where he beat Werdum, Crocop, Gonzaga, Carwin, Cain and Mir to a win streak like Amosov’s 26-0 where his best wins are Ruth, Storely and Lima before a big decline in quality of wins, especially in his first ten to fifteen wins?

AJ McKee’s 17-0 streak is starting to gain steam, lower level comp through most of it but he just beat Caldwell and has a chance to upset Pitbull in a few weeks.

Charles Oliveira’s win streak is becoming something to talk about, Giagos was only the 2nd win in that streak and Giagos in 4-1 in the UFC since losing to Charles. Old man Guida was the first fight in Oliveira’s streak and he just beat Michael Johnson and had beat Joe Lauzon right before the Charles fight. In his last three wins, Charles has beat Lee, Ferguson and Chandler. If he makes it 10-0 vs the Conor/Poirier III winner, its gonna really raise the strength of Charles’ streak. Big win streaks at LW are not common at the UFC level, that is why the Khabib and Tony streaks got so much attention.

I’m rooting for the Patricio Pitbull (7 fights), Oliveira and Ngannou streaks to continue from here.

Pico has four going, I’d love to see him turn that into ten and I’m not even sure I could root for either guy in Pitbull vs Pico, big fan of both.

Gotta admit, due to the difference in eras and level of comp, Igor’s streak is ranked too high on the list despite the number of wins. I don’t think Igor’s streak is a “top 10 greatest” win streak in MMA history but its still likely near the bottom of the top 20 or 30 if you sat down and tried to rank them.

Anderson’s run with the occasional LHW dominance involved a lot of pure violence.

People forget about Miguel Torres.

The level of competition wasnt there but the guy fought on and off the books against anybody who dared step in there and thrashed them.

The best run is Fedor. Multiple UFC champs made to look like chumps.

GSP, Silva, DJ, all amazing.

Jon Jones made a career of beating much smaller guys who were not in their prime at all then getting busted for PEDS and looking amazingly mortal after gifted decisions. He will never be in the GOAT conversation to me. DJ had more finishes in his title run.