Most Memorable Fights... In Person

berger vs wisniewski

Lindland vs Hendo in training

i can't believe i'm the only one to say doerkson vs leben.

i've never seen anything like it and don't think i ever will.

Couture's return to the UFC against Randleman at
Atlantic City.

I remember thinking that Couture was too old to beat
Randleman back then . . . lol

Chuck vs. Tito.  I was very impressed with the power Chuck had behind his strikes and was worried about Tito getting knocked out.  Chuck was on fire that night and got a huge win.

Maurice Smith vs Mark Coleman. I was 16 and it was the first MMA show I ever attended. I HATED Coleman and I wanted nothing more than for Mo to win, but I thought he didn't stand much of a chance. This was, of course, when Coleman was thought to be unstopable. I spent the whole fight screaming for Mo, and when he started gaining ground and Coleman gassed, I felt like I was witnessing a miracle. It was honestly one of the best nights of my life up to that point. Hell, looking back on it, it still is one of the best nights of my life.

I feel silly admitting this, but I fucking cried on the way home.

BJ Penn Vs. Takanori Gomi
BJ Penn Vs. Rodrigo Gracie

Pulver/Thomas, vlady/sauer, franca/crunkilton, pele/menne, brad kolar/steve judson, royce/K shamrock,
Enson/F shamrock

Shit Gordon at least you did the first one about as big as you could do it!

"Couture's return to the UFC against Randleman at Atlantic City.
I remember thinking that Couture was too old to beat Randleman back then . . . lol "

I was thinking the same thing when I went to see that fight. I wanted Couture to win but would have put money on Randleman. When Couture took Randleman down and mounted him, that arena was shaking.

Tito v. Vladdy: The UFC was finally sanctioned in Las Vegas, and the live show was great. (Granted, the PPV was considered among the worst broadcasts.) Tito's entrance was huge. He came out with the American flag just two and a half weeks after 9/11. Vladdy had the better wrestling credentials, but Tito took him down and controlled the fight in each round.

Din Thomas v. Jens Pulver: Din ripped out a crazy flying arm bar attempt that almost caught Jens, only to follow it up with a reverse heel hook for the submission. Slick as all get out.

Ricardo Almeida v. Eugene Jackson: Ricardo was on from the word go, and caught Jackson in a tight triangle. I've had the opportunity to train with the Big Dog. He's a great guy. Seeing him fight afterwards was a rush.

I'll never forget the kind of awkward silence as a capacity crowd's jaw dropped at Pulver vs. Ludwig.

Anywhere I can get that Neer/Spencer fight?

Rizzo/Couture I
Shonie Carter/Matt Serra (spinning backfist KO)

Linland VS. Baroni (ufc 34)
Couture Vs. Barnett(ufc 36)
Phillip Miller VS. Mark Weir(ufc40)
Uno vs. Penn(ufc 34)-This is by far the most memorable live fight I've seen.-
Chuck VS. Babalu (ufc40)

On a personal note. Wasn't that exciting, but involved my fav. fighter getting K'd the f(_)ck OUT!!!
JUTARO NAKAO VS TONY DESOUZA. (First live KO too.)

PEACE,
JUICE.

I'll always remember Lawler v. Diaz at UFC 47, I had just turned around to the guy behind me and told him I was picking Diaz by KO.

he looked at me like i was crazy and I told him I was just kidding... and about a minute later Lawler hit the floor.

Thiago Alves vs Marcus Davis- Hardcore Fighting 2. That shit was a three round war.

Alex Karalexis vs. Ted Govola- I remember Ted being unstoppable because of his wrestling ability. Suddenly he shows up in Thai shorts and decides to work standup and picks the wrong guy to do it with when Alex finally lands that big right hook and Ted drops. I couldn't pick my jaw up for five minutes.