Most noobish moment you've ever had.......

Btw- natebrow FTW. Phone Post

I'll share my gold when I get on a computer Phone Post

Mine would be when i was at the LA FIT Expo in 2008. I had just competed, and lost in my first no-gi match ever at the Gracie Nationals. Alot of top fighters were at various booths doing autographs and pictures. Well, i waitied in line for almost a hour to meet Randy Couture (my fave fighter at the time) when i get up there I get a picture with him, and then get him to autograph a photo he has a stack of on his table. He does it and in my joy i turned to run and show my friends my Couture autograph only to be chased down by a guy working his booth telling me I owed $10 for the picture he signed....I had no idea they charged for those things.  LOL NOOB!

Thanks Russ, I am a blue namer but cant seem to get the hang of posting my links?!

JDSFTW share the embarrasment 

The_Irish_Ninja_Zombie -  Thanks Russ, I am a blue namer but cant seem to get the hang of posting my links?!

i'm still not there yet but your welcome.
i'm trying to quote you with your pic in the quote,i'm half way there lol

met johnny hendricks at 107...He had got done fighting on the undercard and was at his seat pigging out on nachos so everyone wanted a picture of him. When I finally got to him I couldn't think of what to say so I just said something along the lines of "you made my night". He probably thinks I'm gay.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2zeaxj7.jpg

I was at a local fight at of all places a car dealership. Ken Shamrock was there. So I sat down and talked with Ken and a few other guys from my gym. I handed Ken Shamrock something and when he reached over to get it, he knocked his coffee back towards him and all over his lap.
Im lucky that the coffee had been on the table for a while and cooled off. I still felt bad and apologized 10X at least. He laughed it off and said it was his fault not mine. Needless to say I didnt hear the end of it from my buddies.

good thread

getting flamed on the UG for saying Reem has already once been in the UFC is all I got (was confusing his PRIDE fight with Liddell apparently)

I was in Vegas earlier this year to interview the Team Takedown guys (Hendricks, Roller, Rosholt) it was my first interview and we just started the podcast a month before. There were actually two boob moments:

1 I sat with the guys through 15 mins of discussion and questions before I realized I forgot to hit record on the damn camera. How embarrassing that was to ask them to do it again.

2 during the entire interview I kept pronouncing Marc Lahman's name wrong. I gave it some sort of French twist. None of the guys corrected me either. As I'm leaving the gym feeling happy about the stuff I got on tape Marc comes up to me and says "hey dude, its lay-mon". I was super embarrassed but he laughed it off, in fact all the guys were way cool.

Here is the interview if you want a good laugh http://mmanuts.com/podcast/interview-with-team-takedown/ Phone Post

Ok sorry it took so long, I just got done with some school shit.

Anyways I have two. Not so much Noob stories but strange/embarrassing

First one:

I'm at the World Jiu Jitsu Competitions at Cal State Long Beach and am in line with my girlfriend to get food. I see a guy with a crazy tattoo on his arm and instantly recognize him as Renato Sobral (Babalu). (My buddy called me and told me he had saw Babalu yelling at his chick in front of party city lol). I lay low and see what's going on cuz I don't want to be one of those annoying fanboys. No one was even talking to him or recognizing him. 

So a minute later, a tall dude walks up to Babalu and smacks him on the ass. I'm kinda like "WTF is this shit?" but then the dude turns around and it's Fabrico Werdum. They're both laughing and speaking some mad Portugese. I finally say fuck it and go and say hi to them.

To Babalu, I say hey big fan blah blah blah (didn't know who he was fighting next at the time). 

I say hi to Werdum but I say "Your Fedor fight is coming up, you ready for that ass whoppin' (jokingly of course)

He says "Yeah right, He'll be out in the first round."

We laugh and I say, "Well good luck man, don't feel bad with that extra loss on your record come day after fight."

To this day, I feel like such a dumb ass. 

The best for last:

I was sitting at Rainforest Cafe at the MGM with my girlfriend and all the fucking sudden, Stephan Bonnar is sitting next to us. Just him, right next to us on the bar. Me and my gf are huge Bonnar fans (guy brings it everytime and is quite a character) so we just say hi and I ask what he's up to today. He says he was going to go to New York New York and hang out there but claims someone stole his wallet. Feeling so clever, I say

"Funny, I just saw Sam Hogar walking by."

I thought it was pretty funny and so did my girl. But Stephan just stared right back at me.

It got real awkward really quick so I sort of chuckle and go back to my food. I didn't really end the conversation, so I look to him to sort of end it, but when I do, he's just staring at me still. 

I'm fucking creeped out now, so I say "you ok man?"

Complete Silence

I get somewhat pissed and mumble "Aight awesome."

Then all the sudden he just busts out laughing hysterically. Me and my girlfriend don't know what to do so we just wait till he's done. 

He then says, "It's hilarious how awkward some people get when you just make prolonged eye contact with someone. Have a good day guys" and just walks away. 

The dude is a true American Psycho. 

My last story is funny.

I live in Los Angeles, and am driving near Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood with my buddy. Traffic is pretty bad so we're stop and go for an hour or two. I look out the window and see Eddie Bravo walking with some other guy I didn't recognize. I shout out "Eddie Bravo what's up?" Eddie and his pal completely stop walking and just stare at me. Doesn't say a word but just stares. I pass them up a little and look in my rear view mirror and they're still standing still just staring at me. 

I have a couple others I'll post later but I'm tired 

flowwiththego - I was at a local fight at of all places a car dealership. Ken Shamrock was there. So I sat down and talked with Ken and a few other guys from my gym. I handed Ken Shamrock something and when he reached over to get it, he knocked his coffee back towards him and all over his lap.

Im lucky that the coffee had been on the table for a while and cooled off. I still felt bad and apologized 10X at least. He laughed it off and said it was his fault not mine. Needless to say I didnt hear the end of it from my buddies.

That coffee knocked his pants black!

kill joy - Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada (1 hour from Halifax)

Did you come to the W-1 show in Halifax?

Haven't had any real life noobgasms, but I did announce on the UG recently that Rampage had beaten Badr Hari in K1. Derp.

Also, I used to pronounce the letter R 'ahr'.

Hocky Balboa - 
flowwiththego - I was at a local fight at of all places a car dealership. Ken Shamrock was there. So I sat down and talked with Ken and a few other guys from my gym. I handed Ken Shamrock something and when he reached over to get it, he knocked his coffee back towards him and all over his lap.

That coffee knocked his pants black!

Had it been hot, it might've sent him into the living death!

Wrinkle - 
kill joy - Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada (1 hour from Halifax)

Did you come to the W-1 show in Halifax?

i didn't go because i was supposed to have a fight (boxing) that night. which got cancelled 2 days before and by then i couldn't get seats with my friends so i didn't go.

?

I predicted Royce to defeat Matt Hughes. After that fight, head has always ruled heart. Phone Post

I once said Anderson didn't look confident going in against.... Forest Griffin during the walk in.

Also recommended to Marcus Davis to get the surgery on his scar tissue that wanderlei got. to which he replied that he was one of the first guys to get it and actually recommended it to the other guys in the ufc

but on a higher note the korean zombie personally gave me a korean zombie t-shirt back in may, i've never been prouder of an item of clothing. 

^^ Ha ha Marcus Davies story made me laugh out loud Phone Post