Most one dimensional fighter

Carla Esparza, which is cool do your thing it got you this far. Phone Post 3.0

In all seriousness I'm actually curious how she managed to win the title. Was the competition that weak? Phone Post 3.0

Jake Shields?

VFR - Jake Shields?
Jake at least is trying to submit you. When I watch Carla I feel like all she wants to do is wrestle and just lay on top, just lay... Phone Post 3.0

She's one dimensional, but it's a really important dimension, and she's a lot better than everybody else in that dimension. It's boring as fuck to watch though. Phone Post 3.0

MrTamliani - In all seriousness I'm actually curious how she managed to win the title. Was the competition that weak? Phone Post 3.0
So a fighter who has a certain style is one dimensional? It's like saying a fighter is one dimensional for not going for a takedown. Phone Post 3.0

Damien Maia has proven that you can beat a lot of people, when your one dimension is so much better than everybody else's. Phone Post 3.0

calpolkid - 
MrTamliani - In all seriousness I'm actually curious how she managed to win the title. Was the competition that weak? Phone Post 3.0
So a fighter who has a certain style is one dimensional? It's like saying a fighter is one dimensional for not going for a takedown. Phone Post 3.0

A single tool does not a style make Mr Bisping.

calpolkid -
No it's not she not even trying to strike all she does is wrestle and just lay not top. It's not like she is using GnP like Khabib or other fighters who's main goal is to wrestle. Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Damien Maia has proven that you can beat a lot of people, when your one dimension is so much better than everybody else's. Phone Post 3.0
Most one dimensional elite fighter? Khabib.

Most one dimensional non elite fighter? Askren. Phone Post 3.0

Jake rosholt Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - She's one dimensional, but it's a really important dimension, and she's a lot better than everybody else in that dimension. It's boring as fuck to watch though. Phone Post 3.0

Yep.

She can be exciting when she faces opponents who don't have good defensive guards (which is pretty common in WMMA), but Lima had a solid guard and pretty much stifled any chance Esparza had of getting a finish.

Regarding how she won the title, styles make fights. She excels against wildly aggressive strikers who walk into her takedowns, and against opponents with poor ground defense. That is exactly the kind of opponent she beat on her title run. Then she ran into Joanna, who is a very deliberate striker and didn't give Carla any good takedown opportunities. The end result was Esparza got the shit kicked out of her.

VFR - Jake Shields?

Jake has held his own if not won plenty of the standup portions of fights. he made Sexyama look silly.

calpolkid -
But not really if they can defend takedowns, then he can wrestle. If somebody goes out and only tries to strike, but constantly gets taken down, than yes he's one dimensional. Phone Post 3.0

BonesNose - Jake rosholt Phone Post 3.0

Entwistle by a mile.

Spinning Shit -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Damien Maia has proven that you can beat a lot of people, when your one dimension is so much better than everybody else's. Phone Post 3.0

Khabib has at least knocked people out standing, though. Phone Post 3.0

MrTamliani - 
calpolkid -
No it's not she not even trying to strike all she does is wrestle and just lay not top. It's not like she is using GnP like Khabib or other fighters who's main goal is to wrestle. Phone Post 3.0

She doesn't just lay on top. She's finished 7 of her 11 wins and can be pretty overwhelming with both ground-and-pound and submissions. Lima just happens to have a really good defensive guard and completely shut down her offense.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Spinning Shit -

Khabib has at least knocked people out standing, though. Phone Post 3.0
Really? I've only seen his finishes come after grinding and exhausting his opponent down to ash and then getting mounting & throwing punches. Phone Post 3.0

MrTamliani - In all seriousness I'm actually curious how she managed to win the title. Was the competition that weak? Phone Post 3.0

No?

The top 2 (or arguably the top 3) SWs in the world were not in that tournament, but they had like 7 or 8 of the top 15 at the time, which made it a perfectly legit world title tournament (honestly, this is as good a proportion of top 15 talent as any Pride Grand Prix or the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix).

Esparza's a grappler with a short reach who can integrate a bit of boxing as part of distance management, even if she doesn't do it very much. Arguably the best standing strike of her fight with Lima was Carla tagging her in the face in the 3rd with a right hook.

She won the title by being the best fighter in the house. People keep seeming to forget the way she schooled Thug Rose in the finals, Carla is very legit. However, Joanna tagged her hard and early, and it seemed she'd already gotten into Esparza's head, which probably didn't help things.

Rampage? Phone Post 3.0