Most overblown triggering of 2017

Back story?

Great threat mother fucker!

StrikingMMA - Back story?

Something about the top female tennis player wouldn't be able to compete w/ top 100 male tennis player, if I recall correctly

John McEnroe on Wednesday said he regretted recently saying Serena Williams would be ranked "like 700 in the world" if she had to play on the men's circuit and said he was surprised by the controversy his comments ignited.

McEnroe previously said that Williams, a record 23-times grand slam champion in the professional era, was the best female player ever but then declined to label her the best player overall, prompting Williams to ask McEnroe for "respect".

"It would have been better not to have said it. I didn't realise it would create something like this," he told reporters on an ESPN conference call ahead of the July 3 start of the Wimbledon championships, the third grand slam event of the year.

"It would have been easier to leave it. Look, she's a great player and it's apples and oranges."

But McEnroe, a seven-times grand slam winner and current ESPN broadcaster, did not retract his earlier statement about where Williams would rank if she competed against men.

"This is not something that has been earth shattering, that I feel there's a difference in the level of the women and the men," he said.

Serena could beat top 10 male tennis players in MMA though.

She is like twice their size.

fanat - Serena could beat top 10 male tennis players in MMA though.

I'd let her pull guard and leave an arm extended 

Girly - 

John McEnroe on Wednesday said he regretted recently saying Serena Williams would be ranked "like 700 in the world" if she had to play on the men's circuit and said he was surprised by the controversy his comments ignited.

McEnroe previously said that Williams, a record 23-times grand slam champion in the professional era, was the best female player ever but then declined to label her the best player overall, prompting Williams to ask McEnroe for "respect".

"It would have been better not to have said it. I didn't realise it would create something like this," he told reporters on an ESPN conference call ahead of the July 3 start of the Wimbledon championships, the third grand slam event of the year.

"It would have been easier to leave it. Look, she's a great player and it's apples and oranges."

But McEnroe, a seven-times grand slam winner and current ESPN broadcaster, did not retract his earlier statement about where Williams would rank if she competed against men.

"This is not something that has been earth shattering, that I feel there's a difference in the level of the women and the men," he said.

Thanks. He's absolutely right but certain parties don't like raw truth. They want to keep their fantasies.

TheOGs#1RoyalsFan - 

McEnrow (Sp?) said that Serena was an outstanding tennis player, but would get pieced up by the lowliest racket jockey on the men's pro circuit.  100% fact, but caused a shit storm of epic proportions.  One of the reasons that Shapiro's motto "Facts don't care about your feelings" is so descriptive of the state of the left.

True. It's fact that certain egos can't accept.

Both the williams sisters already got their asses kicked by a dude ranked 203rd. 

The women's world 800 meter record is almost 3 full seconds slower than the men's record

by men I mean the 15-16 year old boys division in the junior Olympics 

https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

Lost to #203

She may be the buffest of all tennis players

He’s 100% right. Once you get past the top 50 or so men in the world, the skill between 51 - 200 is so razor close. They get points to climb the rankings based on tournament play. Some of those guys ranked low may be really good but can’t play as much because they’re working at the clubhouse. 

But, in fairness to Serena, any reasonable man knows what he said to be true, and it seems the only reason to say it is to take some sort of jab at her. What’s the point? Seems mean spirited for the sake of being mean spirited. Maybe I’m wrong. 

AVClub - 

He’s 100% right. Once you get past the top 50 or so men in the world, the skill between 51 - 200 is so razor close. They get points to climb the rankings based on tournament play. Some of those guys ranked low may be really good but can’t play as much because they’re working at the clubhouse. 

But, in fairness to Serena, any reasonable man knows what he said to be true, and it seems the only reason to say it is to take some sort of jab at her. What’s the point? Seems mean spirited for the sake of being mean spirited. Maybe I’m wrong. 

McEnroe did say Serena is the best female tennis player ever, but was then asked why he didn't say she was the greatest tennis player ever. He then told the truth. She'd be ranked in the high-hundreds if she played on the men's circuit. Nothing mean-spirited about that.

Girly -
fanat - Serena could beat top 10 male tennis players in MMA though.

I'd let her pull guard and leave an arm extended 

Gross

I like her...

Member when they said Ronda could destroy half the men in mma? I member.

But, but...he said a girl wasn't as good as a guy!!!!!

Serena herself:

“Actually it’s funny, because Andy Murray, he’s been joking about myself and him playing a match. I’m like, ‘Andy, seriously, are you kidding me?’ For me, mens’ tennis and womens’ tennis are completely, almost, two separate sports. If I were to play Andy Murray, I would lose 6-0, 6-0 in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes. No, it’s true. It’s a completely different sport. The men are a lot faster and they serve harder, they hit harder, it’s just a different game. I love to play women’s tennis. I only want to play girls, because i don’t want to be embarrassed. I would not do the tour, I would not do Billie Jean [King] any disservice. So Andy, stop it. I’m not going to let you kill me."