Most Powerful Version of Superman?

warmonky - They have been going to lengths to push female characters even though their books don't sell,girls don't read comics. Superman is as strongs as the writer wants to be,many characters vary greatly by whos writing.

it's more that the percentage of readers is still a lot more male, but the female numbers, i would guess are increasing if you look at comicon and include anime. i guess they think it's an untapped market.

still, the majority of male readers don't want to read about female heroes, unless it's pyslocke or elektra probably.

They like comicom because they get to dress up,their a drop in the bucket when it comes to American comics. I also have no interest in seeing them unless their being saved...or not;)Barbara Gordon anyone.

I've never read DC comics beyond that Death of Superman drama that sucked me in as a kid for about 6 months.

What was the silver age of superman and what did they do to his powers?  And what happened during Crisis that caused his powers to change?

Ubiquitor might be the most powerful female.

She was whooping the phoenix's ass until Woden stepped in to help.

Just came in to end the debate

Phone Post 3.0

Squirrel Guard - Just came in to end the debate

Phone Post 3.0
Superman sword, wtf? Phone Post 3.0

I thought he could fly to the sun in a few seconds. New 52 is garbage anyway.

Leigh - 
invalid -

I've never read DC comics beyond that Death of Superman drama that sucked me in as a kid for about 6 months.

What was the silver age of superman and what did they do to his powers?  And what happened during Crisis that caused his powers to change?

Superman was written to be more and more powerful, where he could sneeze out galaxies etc. Basically, anything he wanted - super ventriloquism, super genius, speak all languages etc. Writing stories got harder so they rebooted him in the late 80s after the Crisis event to have a finite (though undefined) power set. He couldn't push planets but there wasn't an actual limit to what he could do. Then in the last few years he started ramping up again. "Sun-dipped" and had enough power to push war world, flew from the sun to earth in 2 minutes (4c) and now with the New 52 he can effortlessly "bench press the earth for 5 days straight" (and potentially WAY more). Phone Post 3.0

Good lord.  Is that more to do with new writers starting their arcs, seeing what the previous ones had done, and just trying to do something more spectacular and it just snowballs after a few years?

that's why i like marvel more than d.c. dark knight is probably the most popular because his power and skill set don't really change. you won't see him flying to the sun as quickly.