Most Respected MMA Rankings

I like Genki Sudo's rating system the best: "We are all One."

Tommy Tutone, thanks for the kind words. mmaranks.com is only as good as the people who contribute. The more that participate, the better it becomes.

LOL @ Wooden Pupa.

I should point put that there are a bunch of guys who do a great job of ranking because they put a lot of thought into it... Ryan G, Hollywood Blonde, peter, the Brazilian, black-jack shalack, shano, Rob King, and more.

Like any polling in any scenario, the best results come from accepting as many votes as you can from as big a group as possible. Taking votes from around the world from people of different levels of exposure to the sport helps find the common ground.

Sadly, there's a lot of fighters out there who suffer from lack of exposure. That's why I added the mathematical side. It helps identify fighters who are doing very well, but have not been given the chance to perform for PPV audiences and become familiar to the overall viewing audience.

The stats have identified MANY top performers before they were given a big opportunity. I distinctly remeber being asked, "Who the hell is Josh Barnett, or Dan Henderson, or Dave Menne, or Tim Sylvia..."

My hope is that the combination of statistical data and public opinion creates a happy middle ground that offers fair opportunity for all.

I can't stress enough, how valuable your opinion is. A true world ranking depends on the input of people from around the world.

Please become a regular contributor, and have your say at www.mmaranks.com

I have concluded that mmaranks.com is the way to go at this juncture. I am finished ttting this thread....I am satisfied