Most underrated 80s hair metal band, BY FAR!!!

Junkyard.  They had the misfortune of coming out towards the end of the reign of hair metal and never really took off.  

They could have been another Guns and Roses.  

Simple Man

Hollywood.

Simple riff but fuckin badass!  

You're in my territory now AI.

I'm gonna throw Hardline Double - Eclipse in the mix. Criminally underrated. Phone Post 3.0

Blues based hair metal at its finest.   Bordering on hair metal and sleaze metal.  

Another criminally underrated band from the same era.  Tora Tora

angryinch -

Another criminally underrated band from the same era.  Tora Tora

I have the album but they didn't do it for me. Phone Post 3.0

Lost me with Tora Tora

Well, you guys can't all have perfect musical taste.  

Even though they were very popular I'm going to say Warrant. In the end they were depicted as the joke of the Hair Metal phase, but Jani Lane wrote some really good songs, had a great voice and was an excellent front man for a rock band. Uncle Tom's Cabin = great song. The band was tight as well. Even their acoustic stuff was good.

Lane was an angry drunk, however.

My god this nostalgia.

Lord Tracey. Phone Post 3.0

IP - Even though they were very popular I'm going to say Warrant. In the end they were depicted as the joke of the Hair Metal phase, but Jani Lane wrote some really good songs, had a great voice and was an excellent front man for a rock band. Uncle Tom's Cabin = great song. The band was tight as well. Even their acoustic stuff was good.

Lane was an angry drunk, however.

I'd hardly call them underrated.  They were one of the biggest bands of the era right behind Poison.  

Junkyard and Tora Tora were on the fringe but never quite hit it big, mainly because they got popular when the popularity of hair metal was already on the decline. 

Would you consider Bullet Boys hair metal?

Always thought they were underrated

^^^Yeah, I know. I'm more considering how they were looked at near the end of their run, which was not favorably.

Anyone remember Babylon a.d.? Sam Kinison was on 1 of their songs. Too bad they came out at the end of the genre.

My bet is for Extreme. Nuno for the win!

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

PatK - Would you consider Bullet Boys hair metal?

Always thought they were underrated

Yes, they absolutely were hair metal.   They were just ok.  They had a couple of great songs but aside from those few songs, they were pretty mediocre.  

Isn't Junkyard the one with Brian Baker (former bassist of Minor Threat) playing guitar for them?

If so, saw them at the Roxy in Altanta circa 1992 or 1993.  We had a local groupie chick that everyone called "Chestie".  She had huge boobs.  Bryan Baker took her onto the tour bus immediately like a boss.