Gaylord Perry

Career 3.11 ERA

314 Wins

3534 Strikeouts

13 times with 15 or more wins

9 years with an ERA under 3.00

6 years of 20 or more complete games

2 CY Young awards

Underrated because you never hear of him being mentioned as a top 15 SP ever and he likely is

Dave Stieb

2 Likes

Guaranteed it's because his name is Gaylord. I can't even type it without laughing. 

1 Like

Billy Mays

Sidd Finch 

I always thought Kevin Brown was underrated.

1 Like

Tom henke...better number and more save then HOF goose gossage yet nobody knows who the fuck he is

3 Likes

Adrian Street - Gaylord Perry

Career 3.11 ERA

314 Wins

3534 Strikeouts

13 times with 15 or more wins

9 years with an ERA under 3.00

6 years of 20 or more complete games

2 CY Young awards

Underrated because you never hear of him being mentioned as a top 15 SP ever and he likely is

DeNunez

Kenny Rogers

2 Likes

Madison Bumgarner

Jim Palmer

1 Like

dangerboy12 -

Kenny Rogers

He said most underrated pitcher, not chicken!

Btw LOVED that chicken...

Samoa -

Jim Palmer

Criminally underrated 

TeamEvilBadGuys - 
dangerboy12 -

Kenny Rogers

He said most underrated pitcher, not chicken!

Btw LOVED that chicken...

Who was the outfielder on his team that tuned KR up?  He was from Elk Grove, CA.  I got my fax read on the air on the Jim Rome show for that.

Bam57Bam - 

Guaranteed it's because his name is Gaylord. I can't even type it without laughing. 

His parents did him no favours with that name. His teammates tried to help out by giving him some nicknames, but he didn't like being called "faggot" and "dicksucker", so they stuck with Gaylord.

OP's boyfriend.

1 Like

Dave Righetti.   

papa pump -

Dave Stieb

This...

I always thought Hyun-Jin Ryu was very underrated. He has a career ERA under 3.00, a record of 54-33, and a strikeout to walk ratio over 4, yet no one talks about him as being one of the best pitchers in baseball. I mean, he's been in the league for 6 years now, how many guys have better numbers in that time? Maybe 3?