Mother Passed Away Last Night

I thought you were at some kind of gathering!

1 Like

My dad passed away in the same fashion almost 6 months to the day. There is a lot of solace in knowing he didn’t suffer, and that’s about all the solace I can take because was only 63 and in the best shape of his adult life. He was up playing videogames with my brother online until about 9:30, went to bed and mom found him totally undisturbed in the morning, the coroner said it happened around midnight. He always said he wanted to go in his sleep. His dad died the same way at just 54, and his step dad the same way at 72. Heart disease is a real mf’er. Probably coming down the pipe for me too. Anyways, my condolences and take what relief you can thinking about all the good times how good of a person she was and the way she gently left.

3 Likes

THIS!

I usually post to make sure to take care of yourself, physically AND mentally in threads like this.

4 Likes

RIP Woody’s mum.

1 Like

This is a good place, with pretty durn good people. I was overwhelmed by the support I got after the suicide of one of my students and more recently, the passing of my mom. I find it easier to share thoughts here than i I do with my wife. Reach out anytime.

I’m extremely cynical and didn’t pay much attention to the unexplained; however, that changed after the death of my dad. I didn’t go looking for signs, but what I experienced was much more than coincidental.

Best of luck man.

3 Likes

I’ll second this. I’ve always been a mile out in left field but, even for me, there was some big time weird shit that happened after my mother passed away.

2 Likes

Hope youre doing OK Woody.

3 Likes

sorry to hear mate. god bless you all.

1 Like

im taking my mom for dinner in a bit for her bday…ill be giving her an extra big hug

4 Likes

I can’t imagine what you’re feeling right now.

Im really sorry, Woody❤️ My thoughts are with you.

Big hugs xoxxoxoxo

1 Like

I wrote on my FB, no big sappy remembrance or anything, I don’t have anything against that, it’s therapeutic for some people but I just asked my friends to call their mother, they want to talk and be with you…and there will be a time you can’t and wished you could.

3 Likes

Sorry man. Mine died last week, so I understand. Condolences to you & your family. Parents passing is one of those things that you don’t really get over it’s just part of your life forever. My dad passed years ago & not a day goes by where I haven’t thought about him.

6 Likes

sorry to hear, OP

best wishes

1 Like

Sorry to hear Captain, RIP to your mom

1 Like

Oh man sorry, last week?..this shit sucks

Hey @dhughes send that dinner feast to @william795

2 Likes

Haha I’m good, thanks man. But seriously, my condolences. Not an easy thing.

2 Likes

Sorry brother…

Just lost my cousin a couple months ago but we all knew it was coming for 30 years cause he had downs and was 59…would have been 60 next month.

3 Likes

sorry to hear brother

2 Likes

I’m so sorry, brother.

Rest in Peace to your mother.

3 Likes