Motorcycle won't start

Suzuki GS500. Thought it was the battery (even though it is new) so took it to get charged, nope. Even tried a second battery that was new--nope.

Lights turn on and everything, when I hit the start button I just get one click and nothing. The click is emanating from somewhere near the battery.

Keep in mind I am not mechanically inclined. I've thought about rolling down my driveway to push start it so I can get it to the shop, but wanted to see if there was anything fairly simple I should try first.

is there a kick start on it?

Ramon Maroni - is there a kick start on it?

No. Electric start button.

Kick start the start button.

try pop starting it

I'd search a gs500 forum for similar problems. There are probably references to electrical connections to check. Could be a starter solenoid or something simple.

If it pop starts, you may just need to replace the starter, which isn't that bad.

Burt Reynoldz -

Kick start the start button.

Lol brilliant 

Ramon Maroni - try pop starting it

Yeah I am going to try this but in 6 years I've never done it. How fast do you generally need to be going?

2nd gear, right?

Fake Pie -

Yeah I am going to try this but in 6 years I've never done it. How fast do you generally need to be going?

2nd gear, right?
Really not fast at all, get that bitch Rollin

The click is probably the relay, so I'd guess the starter is dead.  Just happened to me too.  Older bike? 

2nd gear and drop down on to the seat when you pop the clutch so the tire doesnt skid. 

Its probably the starter. If thats it the pop start should be no problem. 

Is there gas in it?

Check your grounds.

Hammerstein - Click = dead starter motor.
This

LIFT MORE.........YOUR BIKE KNOWS YOU ARE A FUCKING PUSSY AND DOESN'T RESPECT YOU. 

BIGWHITESEXY - 

LIFT MORE.........YOUR BIKE KNOWS YOU ARE A FUCKING PUSSY AND DOESN'T RESPECT YOU. 

Solved. Thanks everyone.

Atlanta666 - 
Fake Pie -

2nd gear, right?
Really not fast at all, get that bitch Rollin

this, push it down the street, hop on, hit 2nd, let the clutch out, and VROOOOOMMM!

pipes are tooooooo quiet

Check starter solenoid, starter(as has been mentioned if you can bump start it it will probably be starter), regulator rectifier, clean your starter button. Also check your sidestand cutout switch if it has one.

If you can bump start it, give your starter a few taps of a hammer and see if it'll start normally.