Motown @ Midnight New Years Eve

This is not a judo related thread but please indulge me a moment because I only like to share my thoughts with the judo/forum.

Every year at midnight Detroit and burb citizens haul out their weapons/guns, shotguns, machine pistols, rifles, automatics, etc. and commence to fire them in the air for about 15 minutes.

OH MY GOD you guys would not believe what it sounds like! If you heard it you would come to the realization that no country in the world could ever occupy Motown.

Is this tradition in your cities also?

I lived in Kalamazoo for 2 years, and 3 years in Houghton (in Upper Peninsula), but I have never known that there are such people in Detroit.

pdeking, It is an unbelievable phenom! I cannot explain what it sounds like, no wait, it sounds like the end of the world.

If you ever come back to Michigan please look me up and I'll show ya around town and show ya the dojo.

Thank you for the invitation. I may have a chance to go to MI this year. Do you have a website of your dojo?

metrofightclub.net

My email addy is: osaekomi@chartermi.net

Be sure and look me up if you do make to MI.

Sure, thank you.

Wixom: I wonder what your name used to be.... less than 200 posts and dragging your agenda onto the Q/As

Osae: It's kinda funny, some of my niave friends always thought those were firecrackers. But it's not, guns have a very distinctive sound.